• Cincinnati (1-4)
    • Carolina (1-5)
    • Other

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears. The difference between the Dolphins and Bears I think, albeit a small one, is that the Phins have some better receivers to throw too. With the Bears, you can just concentrate on stopping Thomas Jones, and there goes their offense. The Bills wouldn't be far behind though, they do a TERRIBLE job at protecting Drew Bledsoe, kind of like the Skins did with Patrick Ramsey last year. Anyways, since I'm a Cowboys man, I hope Buffalo keeps on losing. :lol: :headbang

Hey DBAH0, if Dallas ends up with the #1 via Buffalo, would they take a QB?

Orton maybe?

I doubt it, look for Drew Henson to get a start soon I think. It's quite obvious we aren't going to make the playoffs this season, even though we've had a brutal schedule early. I think we would trade down a few spots, get a 2nd rounder, and take Rolle (CB), (Terence Newman is playing awful right now), or an impact DT or DE since we can't stop the run. We need size on the D-Line pretty bad. I think Parcells could want Johnson (LB) though.

oh wow, are you on drugs?

Fiedler is OK, but nothing special...

another thing, Miami has had 4 INT's returned for TD's that have cost them gaes...

Cincy (Woulda won the game without it)

NY Jets

Bills (Woulda won without it)

Titans

I would rather have Fiedler then Bledsoe. I think that if the Bills had a decent QB starting right now, they'd probably have 2 or 3 wins.

Also...you can't use the INT excuse. Forcing turnovers and not turning the ball over is a huge part of the game. If you want to play that way, the Bills are a yard short and a bad pass away from being 3-3 right now(last play of the Jags-Bills game and the goal line stuff by the Raiders D in Oakland in week 2), and if Bledsoe had his head out of his ass, they could have beaten New England too(there are a potential 14 point swing late in the game that killed the Bills when Bledsoe coughed one up and New England took it to the house).

The Dolphins have shot themselves in the foot and figured out a way to lose late in the game a lot of times...like all bad teams do.

I would rather have Fiedler then Bledsoe.  I think that if the Bills had a decent QB starting right now, they'd probably have 2 or 3 wins.

Also...you can't use the INT excuse.  Forcing turnovers and not turning the ball over is a huge part of the game.  If you want to play that way, the Bills are a yard short and a bad pass away from being 3-3 right now(last play of the Jags-Bills game and the goal line stuff by the Raiders D in Oakland in week 2), and if Bledsoe had his head out of his ass, they could have beaten New England too(there are a potential 14 point swing late in the game that killed the Bills when Bledsoe coughed one up and New England took it to the house).

The Dolphins have shot themselves in the foot and figured out a way to lose late in the game a lot of times...like all bad teams do.

No, but really, if the Dolphins had won all the games they've lost they'd have like the best record in the league. There's no way, taking that into account, that you can say they're the worst.

Miami would be 3 - 4 right now if it wasnt for 2 INT's returned for TD's against Buffalo and Cincy

Part of what makes Miami such a terrible team is just that...they've thrown four touchdown passes to their opponents through Week 7.

Their pass defense is absolutely superb, but seriously, as a team, they were lucky just to win one game. I was actually hoping that they'd go 0-16 this year just to stick it to those 72 f***s. :fyou

I'm a die-hard Bears fan, and I could talk about their Top 5 defense going into Week 7, but I won't. There are holes everywhere...there's no denying it. They are without a doubt one of the five worst teams in the league, just like the Dolphins. It helps to be humble...you don't have to be on edge at all times trying to defend a s***ty team.

I don't know how any of you can say the Dolphins are worse than the 49'ers. Unless I'm forgetting something major, they don't have very good QB's, RB's, WR's, or a good OL. Not to mention their defense isn't anything better than average.

I just don't see how its really even close. When John Engelberger, Julian Peterson, and Ahmed Plummer are your teams stars, you are in trouble. They have the 2nd worst point differential of -54 second only to Oakland's 57. Not to mention they just placed Mike Rumph on IR with a broken arm, and Julian Peterson is gone for the season.

Miami isn't a terrible team, they just lost their offense when Ricky deserted them, if you place Ricky back on the team then Miami is a playoff contender. Same as if you put Ricky Williams on Carolina, they would be playoff contenders. You can't say the same about the 49'ers, they have too many holes/injuries to let anyone overtake them as the worst team in the league.

Miami isn't a terrible team, they just lost their offense when Ricky deserted them, if you place Ricky back on the team then Miami is a playoff contender. Same as if you put Ricky Williams on Carolina, they would be playoff contenders. You can't say the same about the 49'ers, they have too many holes/injuries to let anyone overtake them as the worst team in the league.

Miami's offensive line:

LT Damion McIntosh, Wade Smith

LG Jeno James, Greg Jerman

C Seth McKinney

RG Taylor Whitley, Rex Hadnot

RT John St. Clair, Vernon Carey

Seriously, find me an O-Line that was worse over the past 80+ years, and I'll send you $1.00 via paypal. You could put Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, or Jesus Christ back there, and it still wouldn't make a difference.

Wannstedt is a genius!

Carolina...

Lousy----->Super Bowl----->Lousy

In the span of three years.

If you take Kris Jenkins, Stephen Davis, Deshaun Foster, and Steve Smith from any team, they are gonna be lousy. That would be like the Steelers losing Duce Staley, Jerome Bettis, Casey Hampton, and Hines Ward, that wouldn't be too pretty as a Steelers fan. We already lost Hampton for the year and its not gonna be fun.

If you take Kris Jenkins, Stephen Davis, Deshaun Foster, and Steve Smith from any team, they are gonna be lousy. That would be like the Steelers losing Duce Staley, Jerome Bettis, Casey Hampton, and Hines Ward, that wouldn't be too pretty as a Steelers fan. We already lost Hampton for the year and its not gonna be fun.

Or the Bears losing Rex Grossman, Mike Brown, Brain Urlacher, Marty Booker... oh wait :ph34r:

LT Damion McIntosh, Wade Smith

LG Jeno James, Greg Jerman

C Seth McKinney

RG Taylor Whitley, Rex Hadnot

RT John St. Clair, Vernon Carey

Thats not a terrible offensive line, Jeno was very solid for the Panthers last year, McKinney is a pretty decent up and coming center, McIntosh also is a young guy that has some starts behind him and was highly thought of coming out in the draft, ditto for St. Clair, Wade Smith, and Vernon Cary. Are they young? Definitely. Does it help that they don't have ANYONE to run the ball behind them, nope.

You want to see a worse OL, take a look at SF's roster.

LT Kyle Kosier Kwame Harris Rob Murphy

LG Eric Heitmann Rob Murphy Kyle Kosier

C Jeremy Newberry Brock Gutierrez

RG Kyle Kosier Justin Smiley Rob Murphy

RT Scott Gragg Kyle Kosier Rob Murphy

I follow the draft and football about as close as anyone, and the only one's I could say I truly have heard of is Justin Smiley and Kwame Harris.

I'd take Fiedler over Bledsoe anyday of the week.

Thank you

So I think it's settled...Buffalo has the worst 1st string QB in the league, and probably the second worst starter in the league(thanks a lot Jonathin Quinn).

Put Shane Matthews in...he seriously couldn't do any worse.

Im sorry for posting like a mother... but I gotta defend my team  :lol:

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Offense - 30th

Defense - 5th

CHICAGO BEARS

Offense - 29th

Defense - 20th

JUST MORE!!!

Show me how well the Dolphins do without Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, both of their starting corners (Madison and...), and their starting safety (Knight, isn't it?). Then show me stats... ;)

BTW - Let's look at the offenses the Bears went up against...

Bears have gone up against the Lions (very solid offense), Packers (pretty good), Vikings (excellent), Eagles (excellent), Redskins (pretty solid), and Bucs (bad). So, they've gone up against just one poor offense - without all of the afformentioned players...

QB Ratings:

Bledsoe 73.6 (11th in AFC, 22nd in NFL)

Fiedler 65.0 (13th in AFC, 29th in NFL)

Players below both of them: Collins, Boller, Palmer and Feeley.

Maybe I'm just sick and tired of Bledsoe then. He's in his 3rd year here, and the team has gotten worse in each of his years here...started out 8-8(and hotter then hell in 2002), were 6-10 last year, and are 1-5 this year. In that time period, the Bills defense has gone from one of the worst in the league to one of the better defenses in the league.

It's not the running backs...Henry has run for over 1350 yards each of the past two seasons, though he's struggled a little this year, and McGahee has been a good #2 back(and ran for over 100 yards in his only start). The receivers are fine...there is nothing wrong with Moulds, Reed, or Evans at all. The offensive line is mediocre, not good, not bad...and the defense is still real good. Moorman is still a damn good punter, and Lindell is decent.

I can't figure it out...is it just coincidental that the last time Drew Bledsoe led any team to a winning season(note, I'm not counting 2001, as I shouldn't...he was not the starter that year, Tom Brady was) I was still in grade school(1998, New England went 9-7)? And, maybe Jay Fiedler is not as good as Bledsoe...but, even with the talent he's had, he's actually won games within the past 3 years...more then Bledsoe has anyways.

Thats not a terrible offensive line, Jeno was very solid for the Panthers last year, McKinney is a pretty decent up and coming center, McIntosh also is a young guy that has some starts behind him and was highly thought of coming out in the draft, ditto for St. Clair, Wade Smith, and Vernon Cary. Are they young? Definitely. Does it help that they don't have ANYONE to run the ball behind them, nope.

You want to see a worse OL, take a look at SF's roster.

LT  Kyle Kosier  Kwame Harris  Rob Murphy

LG  Eric Heitmann  Rob Murphy  Kyle Kosier

C  Jeremy Newberry  Brock Gutierrez

RG  Kyle Kosier  Justin Smiley  Rob Murphy

RT  Scott Gragg  Kyle Kosier  Rob Murphy

I follow the draft and football about as close as anyone, and the only one's I could say I truly have heard of is Justin Smiley and Kwame Harris.

Both of those lines are among the worst in the history of the NFL.

This is the expansion era, so you have to figure that the worst lines in history have been constructed within the past decade or so, and you'd be hard-pressed to find two that were/are worse than that.

College scouting reports don't mean jack...not even one of those guys was a 1st or 2nd round pick. This guy is promising and that guy is promising....what that means is you get your first rushing touchdown of the season in Week 7, and you throw four touchdown passes to the opposing team not even halfway through the season! :lol:

College scouting reports actually do mean something. Its nearly impossible to judge an OL on your own, you have to rely on scouts that have seen lots of film of the player making blocks. You can't judge a group by how many rushing td's or how many INT's their QB has given up. You can have Jonathan Ogden, Alan Faneca, Kevin Mawae, Will Shields, and Orlando Pace as your line and if you have Jay Fiedler and Travis Minor in your backfield, you are going to have problems. Take a look at the Steelers for instance, last year they were last in rushing and the OL got alot of the blame. This year, they are in the top 10, the difference? Duce Staley.

Same thing with the Panthers and no Stephen Davis or Deshaun Foster, the Cowboys when they lost Emmitt and nobody could fill in, when Jamal Lewis was suspended. Without a good back or a good QB, an OL will look terrible no matter what.