The Hardest Part of a Relationship

For me its always opening myself up to the girl when your first going out. When I first know someone I'm insanely shy, but the more I know them the more they get to know the real me.

However, right now, the hardest thing for me has to be communication because the current girl I'm going out with and I go to different schools and don't really live that close to each other. And to make it harder I'm not one of those people that enjoys talking on the phone for hours at a time.

Guest hawaiisoxfn
For me its always opening myself up to the girl when your first going out.  When I first know someone I'm insanely shy, but the more I know them the more they get to know the real me. 

However, right now, the hardest thing for me has to be communication because the current girl I'm going out with and I go to different schools and don't really live that close to each other.  And to make it harder I'm not one of those people that enjoys talking on the phone for hours at a time.

I dont like talking on the phone for hours on end either. When you talk to a girl in person, if theres ever a moment when youre thinking of something to say, you can smile at her, caress her hand or give some other kind of body language. But on the phone, youll run out of things to say and there will be absolute silence. Then you can start to hear her TV in the background or some s*** like that, while you panic trying to break the silence. I dont like that at all.

I dont like talking on the phone for hours on end either. When you talk to a girl in person, if theres ever a moment when youre thinking of something to say, you can smile at her, caress her hand or give some other kind of body language. But on the phone, youll run out of things to say and there will be absolute silence. Then you can start to hear her TV in the background or some s*** like that, while you panic trying to break the silence. I dont like that at all.

at the beginning of a relationship...it kinda sucks.

but after awhile, conversation becomes so much more easier, and if you don't have anything to talk about...she won't really care.

Guest hawaiisoxfn
at the beginning of a relationship...it kinda sucks.

but after awhile, conversation becomes so much more easier, and if you don't have anything to talk about...she won't really care.

Thats kind of what I was getting at. Once you get comfortable with a girl, those moments of silence, if they even happen, arent so bad. But when youre first trying to hook up, its not cool at all.

To be honest with you all, for me its getting over the fact that the quote "Being friends first is better," is really not true. Its not, I mean from what I understand is that when you are friends first, they probably will not go out with you because they see you as a good friend material, not boy friend material, though you know you could be better than any guy in that department. :lol:

Being yourself is a must...my ex gf wouldn't let me be that way...it seemed as though I always had to be romantic to please her. I can be a sweet guy to a point, but in a relationship I need to have some fun too...

Communication is key in a relationship. I am a quiet guy, so a lot of times I need the girl to talk. Thats why I always try for a talkative chick...and I also need to notice when they talk to other guys what is and what is not flirting...

I'm really expecting cubssuck1 to ask me about this post tomarrow...

Something like this

"eh, its the Meister...how do you feel about your post."

then he'll say a follow up question, just like a reporter does.

To be honest with you all, for me its getting over the fact that the quote  "Being friends first is better," is really not true. Its not, I mean from what I understand is that when you are friends first, they probably will not go out with you because they see you as a good friend material, not boy friend material, though you know you could be better than any guy in that department. :lol:

Being yourself is a must...my ex gf wouldn't let me be that way...it seemed as though I always had to be romantic to please her. I can be a sweet guy to a point, but in a relationship I need to have some fun too...

Communication is key in a relationship. I am a quiet guy, so a lot of times I need the girl to talk. Thats why I always try for a talkative chick...and I also need to notice when they talk to other guys what is and what is not flirting...

I'm really expecting cubssuck1 to ask me about this post tomarrow...

Something like this

"eh, its the Meister...how do you feel about your post."

then he'll say a follow up question, just like a reporter does.

I have been friends with my girlfriend since freshman year. I have found out she had an off and on crush on me during that time period. I was obviously completely oblivious :lol:

Anyway, now...2 months into senior year I am going out with her. So, the whole friends first thing can work. However, it didn't stop me from turning shy and extra nice.

I am glad to report however, that I am coming out of this stage and the real rob is coming through.