October Surprise?

NUKE_CLEVELAND

1 pound of this same material blew up the 747 over Lockerbie Scotland.

We lost 760,000 pounds of it. And we knew it was there. How is it acceptable to search dog food factories for WMD and not protect the weaponry we already knew was there?

Thast does put things in perspective, doesn't it.

At least we can be seen as reaching out to the Iraqis -- well, at least the insurgents, who were probably running low on explosives until the Keystone Cops were charged with minding the shop.

1 pound of this same material blew up the 747 over Lockerbie Scotland.

We lost 760,000 pounds of it. And we knew it was there. How is it acceptable to search dog food factories for WMD and not protect the weaponry we already knew was there?

sounds like a weapon that could cause massive destruction to me.........

if any administration had a chance to be effective without a group of friggin' naysayers constantly trying to respin what's actually going on we'd possibly see an effective government.

Last night Dennis Miller changed my mind about Nov 3rd (day after election day). I'm going to support whatever candidate wins, because now more than ever we need to fix the rift that's going on in America. It's has to change.

So on Nov 3rd hopefully things will be obviously settled and we should all start focus on making america BETTER not just advance our guys agenda.

whatever happened to public good?

Last night Dennis Miller changed my mind about Nov 3rd (day after election day). I'm going to support whatever candidate wins, because now more than ever we need to fix the rift that's going on in America. It's has to change.

So on Nov 3rd hopefully things will be obviously settled and we should all start focus on making america BETTER not just advance our guys agenda.

Speaking of Nov 3, anyone see this article in the Onion?

Those people would be right on both counts.  I don't understand your point.

The arguement being made isn't that "hey look the wmds are gone..." it was that the wmds were never there. so they're not right on the second point.

We don't know when the ammunition was stolen, so don't try to pin it on Bush's buffonery. It's not that simple. that's all I'm trying to say.

There are many dots that need to be connected. It may have started with Bush's administration pushing this war at all costs, but it was magnified by the buying of UN security council votes by Saddam's regime. I, you, all of us, need to step back and say, this situation needs to be fixed, how did it get this way, how can we fix it?

The arguement being made isn't that "hey look the wmds are gone..." it was that the wmds were never there. so they're not right on the second point.

We don't know when the ammunition was stolen, so don't try to pin it on Bush's buffonery. It's not that simple. that's all I'm trying to say.

There are many dots that need to be connected. It may have started with Bush's administration pushing this war at all costs, but it was magnified by the buying of UN security council votes by Saddam's regime. I, you, all of us, need to step back and say, this situation needs to be fixed, how did it get this way, how can we fix it?

Those munitions are not wmd. I mean, they're powerful, but we already knew that the insurgents have rockets and grenades, which are fairly powerful. But we haven't called grenades wmd.

I think what you're saying is that you put enough small explosives together and you've got an arbitrarily big weapon, like in Oklahoma City. That's true enough, but I don't think anyone ever denied the possibility of constructing a bomb like that. And that's certainly not what the Bush admin was referring to when it said wmd (think of Bush's list of chem/bio/atomic agents).

Taken that way, which is I think the most common interpretation, those who say Bush 1) didn't secure these weapons (whatever the chain of events), and 2) was wrong in his claims about wmd, are right.

sounds like a weapon that could cause massive destruction to me.........

Yes, but its WMD that Iraq was allowed Sox4Life under the UN resolutions we invaded to enforce.

On that note, I agree. The public good is gone. We live in the sourest political times I can remember and November 3rd, no matter who the winner is, I will hold their feet to the fire to make sure they act in the public good. I just hope its the one who actually wants it too.