Keith Foulke article in today's Sun-Times

bjm676

Foulke needs to quit talking...He choked in the playoffs for us, yet now he is the savior for Boston. Well who cares if you think about the White Sox or not, whether KW made a mistake trading you or not...The bottom line is you blew every big game you ever pitched in while you were on the Southside and you'll be remembered that way. So the next time you are asked about the White Sox, just don't comment because you make yourself look like a complete ass clown.

And Alan Embree, I remember when your sorry ass used to come into games for the Sox...I can remember thinking to myself and even asking my dad, why are they putting this piece of trash into the game? Embree shouldn't even have a chance to speak, who does he think he is? The guy was flat out horrible while on the White Sox and he is horrible now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Alan Embree, I remember when your sorry ass used to come into games for the Sox...I can remember thinking to myself and even asking my dad, why are they putting this piece of trash into the game?  Embree shouldn't even have a chance to speak, who does he think he is?  The guy was flat out horrible while on the White Sox and he is horrible now.

:lolhitting :notworthy

Foulke needs to quit talking...He choked in the playoffs for us, yet now he is the savior for Boston.  Well who cares if you think about the White Sox or not, whether KW made a mistake trading you or not...The bottom line is you blew every big game you ever pitched in while you were on the Southside and you'll be remembered that way.  So the next time you are asked about the White Sox, just don't comment because you make yourself look like a complete ass clown.

And Alan Embree, I remember when your sorry ass used to come into games for the Sox...I can remember thinking to myself and even asking my dad, why are they putting this piece of trash into the game?  Embree shouldn't even have a chance to speak, who does he think he is?  The guy was flat out horrible while on the White Sox and he is horrible now.

:notworthy :notworthy

I always liked Foulke, especially in 1999 when he bought my brother and me several libations at the Marriott in Minneapolis. Reading this thread, you would have thought he sucked with the White Sox. The highest batting average against him in any season in a White Sox uniform was .225 in 2002. The White Sox had a love affair with the radar gun, and deemed a guy with a change up as a non desirable closer. They were wrong. It appears they have admitted it with Shingo now the closer. As someone who has met him, and talked to him for a few hours, he really is a very nice guy. Foulke was not the reason the Sox lost to Seattle in the 2000 playoffs. He is not the reason they didn't make the playoffs in 2001 or 2002. The trade that sent him away may be the reason the Sox didn't make the playoffs in 2003. Alan Embree really did suck on the White Sox, and he still sucks now.

I'm really happy for Foulke. The Sox got totally ram-rodded in the pooper over this one and now the pitcher that KW and Jerry Manuel thought was washed up and couldn't hack it is about to get a WS ring. That deal is one of many HORRID deals that KW has damaged this team with.

If Foulke wanted to do something funny he'd take a photo of him with a closeup of the WS ring and send copies to White Sox Management just to rub it in their faces.

If foulke can speak his mind why can't Kenny??

I think that's the point in reverse...

Kenny has the biggest mouth ever. If HE can flap his gums.. why can't Keith?

And Aboz.. Keith far from blew every game with the Sox. And last time I checked he's pitching in the WS while the Sox, and Kenny, are scheduling tee times..

Foulke needs to quit talking...He choked in the playoffs for us, yet now he is the savior for Boston.  Well who cares if you think about the White Sox or not, whether KW made a mistake trading you or not...The bottom line is you blew every big game you ever pitched in while you were on the Southside and you'll be remembered that way.  So the next time you are asked about the White Sox, just don't comment because you make yourself look like a complete ass clown.

If Joe Borchard got traded like Foulke and there was a similar article i'm sure you would love him giving his mind on the Sox :lolhitting

$$$$$$$ :puke it's always the $$$$$$$

How's Koch doing in Florida?

One tiny of defenses, that trade didn't look too bad at the time. We picked up a hot closer and had some extra money to "fill some holes".

I don't think I could disagree with that more. Foulke was asked a question and answered it honestly. He didn't come across as venomous against the Sox. What he said was pretty much true.

If no reporter asks the question, this is not brought up.

Why jump all over Embree when all he did is spoke the truth? Can only the great players be quoted now?

This story is so not a big deal! Take a valium!

And Aboz.. Keith far from blew every game with the Sox. And last time I checked he's pitching in the WS while the Sox, and Kenny, are scheduling tee times..

Everyone always says he blew the big games so i just went back and looked. Unless random games against teams like seattle and new york in the early months of the year are big games, i have not seen too many. I know he has had a few against the twins but i would take his save percentage anyday.

I would have a lot less respect for a player who said a club did the right thing by trading him. Foulke is just saying he's always had confidence in himself.

This is a form answer in a human-interest story. Everything in the article is as generic as it comes. Good for him, no cause for hubbub.

If foulke can speak his mind why can't Kenny??

I think KW should speak his mind but why say something

like Keith should have better things to think about than

his past team.

KW knows the media and knows Keith was merely

answering a zillion questions from the press at the Series.

I wouldn't mind reading KW's response, I just thought

his response was immature and stoopid.

Everyone always says he blew the big games so i just went back and looked. Unless random games against teams like seattle and new york in the early months of the year are big games, i have not seen too many. I know he has had a few against the twins but i would take his save percentage anyday.

Maybe that phrase "big games" should be restated as "games against good teams". Seatlle was and the Yanks and Twins still are.

Maybe that phrase "big games" should be restated as "games against good teams".  Seatlle was and the Yanks and Twins still are.

Makes sense to me. Most closers don't blow games against devil ray type of teams. You look at closers blown saves and the majority of them are against upper tier teams.

Makes sense to me. Most closers don't blow games against devil ray type of teams. You look at closers blown saves and the majority of them are against upper tier teams.

Exactly! .... Which is why JM and KW felt that Foulke could not be counted on to be a playoff type closer. Two years later he proves them wrong, but he wouldn't have been here for those two years anyway ... which KW was well aware of.

Exactly! .... Which is why JM and KW felt that Foulke could not be counted on to be a playoff type closer.  Two years later he proves them wrong, but he wouldn't have been here for those two years anyway ... which KW was well aware of.

I am saying the majority of closers are like foulke and blow games against the yankee$, red sox, twins, etc. The majority of a closers blown saves are usually not against the devil rays, reds, tigers, etc. I am not saying they don't blow saves against devil rays, reds, tigers, etc but it is just less often.