Keith Foulke article in today's Sun-Times

bjm676

I am saying the majority of closers are like foulke and blow games against the yankee$, red sox, twins, etc. The majority of a closers blown saves are usually not against the  devil rays, reds, tigers, etc. I am not saying they don't blow saves against devil rays, reds, tigers, etc but it is just less often.

Sure. It makes sense that the better the competition, the more often they will succeed and you will fail. The point I'm trying to make here is that reasoning people have when they say Keith choked in big games is that they had seen him do so against good teams and did not feel he could be counted on to nail it down in the playoffs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure.  It makes sense that the better the competition, the more often they will succeed and you will fail.  The point I'm trying to make here is that reasoning people have when they say Keith choked in big games is that they had seen him do so against good teams and did not feel he could be counted on to nail it down in the playoffs.

I get you now.

Seems like a was wise choice to trade for koch who could have possiblt had about 15 blown saves the year. But he was lucky enough to have the offense help him out. Koch has and always will be more shaky than foulke. I know you probally do not agree but that is how i feel.