Apparently, most sports fans dont think much of us

knightni

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good point about their being no story about the Sox.

Along with winning, the Sox need a SUPERSTAR. By that I mean not only a guy who puts up great numbers, but  a guy who also has charm and personality about him and is great with the fans and media. Who was the last Sox player we had that fit that description?

Thomas? easily baited into putting his foot in his mouth by media many times.

Very few players in all of MLB fit the SUPERSTAR title any more, but it's one thing that would help the Sox, IMO.

I used to collect sportscards, and half of my Becketts had Frank Thomas on them.

He USED to be the Superstar that the Sox need. Good with the media, happy, awesome stats, deadly hitter.

That foot injury year in 2001 sure made it look like it was all a facade in the eyes of the fans and media.

He is now portrayed as a picky. pitch-taking baby who you can strikeout on inside pitches.

I used to collect sportscards, and half of my Becketts had Frank Thomas on them.

He USED to be the Superstar that the Sox need. Good with the media, happy, awesome stats, deadly hitter.

That foot injury year in 2001 sure made it look like it was all a facade in the eyes of the fans and media.

He is now portrayed as a picky. pitch-taking baby who you can strikeout on inside pitches.

I cannot remember Frank being good with the media. Perhaps the media was less critical when he was the most feared batter in baseball. It seems like Frank has always been Frank.

I cannot remember Frank being good with the media. Perhaps the media was less critical when he was the most feared batter in baseball. It seems like Frank has always been Frank.

The media left him alone.

They took "smiley" pictures and/or serious hitting pics.

Around the strike, when that story about him using non-union workers to build his house, came out...that was the final straw in the ending of "friendly" Frank Thomas.

Our history as a franchise is pathetic, to say the least.  I'll be 47 next week and still do not have a White Sox World Series in memory.  This is one reason why some fans, like Cubkilla for example, are down on the Reinsdorf regime.  We are approaching 25 years of ineptitude and still don't seem to have a solid plan in place to get into position to grab the brass ring.  Someone said that poll didn't mean anything, but I feel that it speaks volumes.  With our current ownership and methodology, most fans think the a White Sox world championship has only a very slim chance of happening.  I can't say I disagree with them, either.  I'm always hopeful, but logic tells me not to expect it anytime soon.

old bastard!

I've thought for a while that it's time to reembrace THe Big Hurt. He's going to wear our cap into the Hall, we may as well go along to get along. I don't want to be like the Sawx or the Cubs where all of your mothers' friends who don't like baseball root for your team. I just want to win a playoff series or even a game right now. This brings up a good question. Which White Sox team did you feel during the season had the best chance. 83, 93, 94, 2000, 03, or 04. As good as some of the others were, I think at one point during 03 I thought we were teh best team on the planet with a rotation that could have carried us to through the W.S. Then the usual happened.

Guest hawaiisoxfn
Avoid the Sex Lies and Politics board here then ;)

Welcome to Soxtalk! :cheers

Ill go there, but Im glad its separated now. If I want Sox, I come here. If I want politics or threads about flipping cops off (which was funny as hell) Ill go to sex, lies and politics. Much better than mlb.

The only team that should fret over '94 is the Expos........      single-handedly ruined the franchise.

It almost single handedly ruined this one too. We are still suffering the effects of Reinsdorf's hard line stance and will continue to do so until he sells the team, or he puts a championship caliber team on the field.