If the Sawks win this thing

If Boston wins the World Series, does it give more credence to Bill James and Sabremetrics?

I'm not sure about that. 1 title is not a trend and there have been plenty of fluke champs in all sports (I see the Red Sox being around for a while mainly because of the all mighty dollar). But this entire post season has given credence to the theory that in the new era of baseball money can buy championships. You can bring up sabremetrics but how good would the Red Sox be with out having the benefit of a payroll easily exceeding $100 million dollars.

I'm not sure about that.  1 title is not a trend and there have been plenty of fluke champs in all sports (I see the Red Sox being around for a while mainly because of the all mighty dollar).  But this entire post season has given credence to the theory that in the new era of baseball money can buy championships.  You can bring up sabremetrics but how good would the Red Sox be with out having the benefit of a payroll easily exceeding $100 million dollars.

Exactly....Can't compete with the George Costanza wallet (fat wallet).

If that happens...Cleveland will be now known as the longest suffering team in baseball..... :rolly

:lol:

I honestly had a laugh out of that. This nation ignores our existense unless an unruly fan runs across the field.

Cubs winning the World Series almost forces ESPN to showcase the White Sox. At some point, on BBTN or Sportscenter, someone is bound to make a reference to our ineptness. Even if it includes a shameless dig at the Black Sox scandal of 1919.

Fact is, if the White Sox are good ESPN will talk about them. When we were getting into the division race in 2003 Baseball Tonight talked about the Sox a ton. And I hope they don't bring up the Sox ineptness at winning the WS because I really don't feel like hearing that all the time because unlike Red Sox and Cubs fans I don't feel that is some kind of badge of honor.

Fact is, if the White Sox are good ESPN will talk about them.  When we were getting into the division race in 2003 Baseball Tonight talked about the Sox a ton.  And I hope they don't bring up the Sox ineptness at winning the WS because I really don't feel like hearing that all the time because unlike Red Sox and Cubs fans I don't feel that is some kind of badge of honor.

:headbang :notworthy :headbang :notworthy

:lol:

I honestly had a laugh out of that.  This nation ignores our existense unless a unruly fan runs across the field.

You know what's really funny about that?

We're not the worst fans. Oakland has had multiple fans run across the field and in one tragic instance, had a kid injured by a cherry bomb in the stadium. What security?

Philadelphia fans boo everything and anything, and throw s*** at players. Tell me how that does not qualify as being some of the worst fans.

And even our great friends up north, the Minnesota Twins, had fans throw quarters at Chuck Knoblauch in his first year in LF with the Yankees. What a great group of supportive fans :rolly

Everyone should do what they did with those incidents...just f***ing forget about it.

That's to say nothing of the class display put on by Yankee fans when those calls were overturned in the playoffs. Or the Cub fan's littering the field whenever calls went against them. These incidents were hardly mentioned and will be forgotten by opening day, yet we are still living with legacy of a very small number of large idiots.