Stern strikes back!!!

Brian

Calls into a radio show that FCC Chairman Powell is on. Unfortunatley, this is the longest sound clip I could find. Anyone have the whole conversation?

clip

Here is the article

We listened to it on the way to work this morning.. hysterical. He spanked him good. Powell would not comment on the Oprah issue, nor the fact that they fined Infinity for the JJ boob incident when they had nothing to do with it. MTV should have been sued, who is owned by Infinity, but they operate under separate financial entities and should have paid the fine. He also touched on the FCC blocking Infinity from buying additional stations when they tried to fight the fines in the past. Powell said "ummm, uhhh" at least 5 times in 2 minutes.

Powell would not comment on the Oprah issue

That's what really bothers me. The fact that Oprah can talk about "tossing salads" at 9AM and Stern can't is clearly a double standard. "America loves Oprah..... and she is an icon" is the reasoning the FCC used when they refused to levy a fine on Oprah..... who I happen to think is the anti-Christ..... for the broadcast that was exceptionally more graphic than anything you'd usually hear on the Stern Show. The FCC received thousands of complaints about the aforementioned Oprah telecast. If the FCC is gonna levy fines, fine. But be fair about it. What's good for Howard is good for Oprah and vice versa.

While I may not agree with Stern's recent political ramblings, I am behind him in his ridicule of the FCC 100%.

Keep up the fight Howard :headbang