Skyway leased out for $1.82 billion

southsider2k5

The second longest traffic jam of my life was on that damn road.

Third longest for me. Second was the brief eternity spent trying to get out of Alpine Valley after a Grateful Dead show back in the mid 80s. Worst/longest traffic jam was 10 hours to make the tipical 90 minute trip to Oldando when we and the rest of the Florida east coast were running away from Hurricane Floyd in 1999.

For Frances this year we learned our lesson (?) and waited until the first strong feeder bands hit and most of the sane people had already left, so we had the roads to ourselves.

For Jeanne we said screw it, boarded up with us and our hurricane provisions inside, got/stayed just the right amount of drunk, and rode it out.

The second longest traffic jam of my life was on that damn road.

That happened to Brian as well.

He was coming back from Ohio (his mom lived there for a couple years) and took the wrong exit - took 90 instead of 94 (or something like that). I seem to remember him telling me that it took a couple hrs from that point to get home.

Of course that could be an excuse because he was supposed to come by my apartment for dinner when he got back lol.

The longest for me was on the Edens heading to a Bulls game, which I missed. Some idiot was being chased by FBI, and local cops. He was finally stopped, center lane, about 10 miles south of the 94 merge. He threatened with a gun to kill his dog :angry: and himself :rolly

The standoff lasted to the wee hours of the morning. Someone cut a hole in the fence and we exited after a couple hours stuck in our cars.

I remember listening to Eddie Schwartz on WGN who assumed the guy was listening to WGN. Eddie was offering advice and his usual stuff. Turns out the gunman was listening to WBBM :D