Congrats Sawks

Guest hawaiisoxfn

Red Sox win the World Series for the first time in 86 years. Im happy for them. I was rooting for them to beat the Cardinals! Im glad to see something new, and not just the Yankees winning yet again.

Best. Team. Ever.

I probably wouldn't go that far, but they're a wonderful team no doubt. Their lineup is so deep, with Nixon and Bellhorn in the lower part of the order. The key for Boston was always going to be its pitching, and guys like Pedro and Lowe stood up the most when they needed to.

:headbang  :headbang

First team to ever win eight games in a row in post season play.

First team to ever come back down 3-0 in a seven game series.

First Red Sox team to win the world series in 86 years.

Best. Team. Ever.

The '85 Bears would kick their asses! :lol:

Best. Team. Ever.

If they were the best team ever they wouldn't have needed to come back from being down 0-3 :lolhitting

Best. Team. Ever.

You just need to look at there defense to know that they are not the best team ever.

You just need to look at there defense to know that they are not the best team ever.

Yea as if having four gold glovers, Damon who had an errorless streak lasting for over 2 years, Varitek whos excellent, Nixon who is a complete dirtdog, and Bellhorn who turns the double play better than anyone in the game doesn't say enough.

:rolly

Yea as if having four gold glovers, Damon who had an errorless streak lasting for over 2 years, Varitek whos excellent, Nixon who is a complete dirtdog, and Bellhorn who turns the double play better than anyone in the game doesn't say enough.

:rolly

Well those good defensive players are completely overcome by Manny Ramirez being a complete tool in left, Bill Mueller at 3rd and David Ortiz actually having to play defense against the national league. And Johnny Damon having one of the worst arms in all of baseball doesn't help.

World Champions, but nothing special. :lol:

Well those good defensive players are completely overcome by Manny Ramirez being a complete tool in left, Bill Mueller at 3rd and David Ortiz actually having to play defense against the national league.  And Johnny Damon having one of the worst arms in all of baseball doesn't help.

World Champions, but nothing special. :lol:

So Manny gets his spike caught in the grass and misplays the ball, and he's a "tool in left." The guy is the best right handed hitter in baseball, and is a capable outfielder which is all he is asked to be.

Bill Mueller, come on man? The guy has been known for his defense his entire career, he's an excellent third baseman, excellent.

Damon throws like I throw lefty, nonetheless, he's got good range and is a great centerfielder.

So Manny gets his spike caught in the grass and misplays the ball, and he's a "tool in left."  The guy is the best right handed hitter in baseball, and is a capable outfielder which is all he is asked to be.

Bill Mueller, come on man?  The guy has been known for his defense his entire career, he's an excellent third baseman, excellent.

Damon throws like I throw lefty, nonetheless, he's got good range and is a great centerfielder.

Ummm, I can think of a guy named Albert Pujols whose just a bit better rigth handed hitter.

And their is no arguing, Manny Ramirez is a sub-par defensive outfielder. He's lucky he plays left in fenway otherwise his absolute atrocious fielding would be magnatized.

Damon...its a given he's a got a horrible arm, but he's got great range. As far as Mueller goes his defense has been going downhill, I'd call him average at the very best at this point in his career.

Pujols!? Call me in five years when he's put up nine seasons of a .300+ average, 30+ home runs, and 100+ rbis.

Come on, your not going to argue that?

EDIT: I am not taking anything away from Albert Pujols, he is the best young hitter in baseball, but until he surpasses what Manny has done, not a chance that he's a better hitter than Manny.