Congrats Sawks

Pujols!?  Call me in five years when he's put up nine seasons of a .300+ average, 30+ home runs, and 100+ rbis.

Come on, your not going to argue that?

EDIT:  I am not taking anything away from Albert Pujols, he is the best young hitter in baseball, but until he surpasses what Manny has done, not a chance that he's a better hitter than Manny.

No offense man but your argument doesn't make any sense. I see what you are saying but the question is who is the best right handed hitter in baseball now, not over the last 9 years. That answer is Pujols. The last two years he has had more hits, HRs, RBIs, doubles, total bases, a higher on base percentage, slugging percentage, and batting average plus less strikeouts than Ramirez.

Red, your dead wrong on this one, and BOSTON GAMMONS would tell you your worng on this one. At any point in Manny's carrer, I would take Albert Pujouls over him.

Pujols is without a doubt a better player than Ramirez but as a hitter I would have a hard time taking Pujols over 2000 Manny Ramirez (as just a hitter). He hit .351 with an OBP of .457 (OPS of 1.154) and had 38 HR and 122 RBI in 118 games. Imagine what kind of numbers he would have put up that year if he would have been healthy for the whole thing.

In the last 4 years pujols has 160 homeruns.

In the last 4 years ramirez has 154 homruns.

In the last 4 years pujols has 787 hits.

In the last 4 years ramirez has 674 hits.

In the last 4 years pujols has 500 runs scored.

In the last 4 years ramirez has 402 runs scored.

In the last 4 years pujols has 504 rbi's

In the last 4 years ramirez has 466 rbi's

In the last 4 years pujols has walked 304 times.

In the last 4 years ramirez has walked 333.

In the last 4 years pujols has struck out 279 times.

In the last 4 years ramirez has struck out 450 times.

In the last 4 years pujols has 189 doubles.

In the last 4 years ramirez has 144 doubles.

In the last 4 years pujols has a .322 batting average.

In the last 4 years ramirez has a .333 batting average.

In the last 4 years pujols has a .413 obp.

In the last 4 years ramirez has a .420 obp.

In the last 4 years pujols slugging % is .624.

In the last 4 years ramirez's slugging % is .614

In the last 4 years pujols ops is 1.037.

In the last 4 years ramirez's ops is 1.034.

Only categories ramirez is better in is walks which he only walked 29 more times and obp by .007

In the last 4 years pujols has 160 homeruns.

In the last 4 years ramirez has 154 homruns.

In the last 4 years pujols has 787 hits.

In the last 4 years ramirez has 674 hits.

In the last 4 years pujols has 500 runs scored.

In the last 4 years ramirez has 402 runs scored.

In the last 4 years pujols has 504 rbi's

In the last 4 years ramirez has 466 rbi's

In the last 4 years pujols has walked 304 times.

In the last 4 years ramirez has walked 333.

In the last 4 years pujols has struck out 279 times.

In the last 4 years ramirez has struck out 450 times.

In the last 4 years pujols has 189 doubles.

In the last 4 years ramirez has 144 doubles.

In the last 4 years pujols has a .322 batting average.

In the last 4 years ramirez has a .333 batting average.

In the last 4 years pujols has a .413 obp.

In the last 4 years ramirez has a .420 obp.

In the last 4 years pujols slugging % is .624.

In the last 4 years ramirez's slugging % is .614

In the last 4 years pujols ops is 1.037.

In the last 4 years ramirez's ops is 1.034.

Only categories ramirez is better in is walks which he only walked 29 more times and obp by .007

Thats a little misleading because Manny has missed a lot more games than Pujols. Thats why I chose the last two years because they have both played in 150+ games in each season.

The difference between Pujols and Ramirez for me, is Pujols came straight into the league and put up great numbers in his 1st season. I've hardly see anyone like that before. And don't worry Pujols will put 5 to 9 straight seasons of .300, 30+HR's, and 100+RBI's, probably better.

Frank Thomas has been a hell of a ball player for 14 years now, he's a professional hitter, but not a chance he's the best right handed hitter in baseball anymore.

So right now your clearly contradicting your argument in regards to Manny. Manny has had a great offensive career no doubt, but his past numbers don't tell me whose better now.

Right now Manny is fantastic offensively, one of the best 5 right handed hitters in baseball, but Pujols is the best. Plus Pujols doesn't play in one of the best hitters parks in all of baseball (ie Fenway).

Pujols >>>>> Manny

Another huge difference is Pujols has probably made less then Manny did in his entire major league career (up to this point) then Manny made this year (20 mill).

Just saying :)

And I'm a huge Manny fan. I got a lot of respect for a guy that was put on waivers and pretty much told by the Red Sox we don't want you. Yet he still went out and produced like the animal he is offensively.

Its like saying your 2nd best to Bonds, nothing wrong with that. Pujols is the right handed version of Bonds (although nowhere near as good, Bonds is in a freaking league of his own...greatest ball player I've ever seen)

Pujols is without a doubt a better player than Ramirez but as a hitter I would have a hard time taking Pujols over 2000 Manny Ramirez (as just a hitter).  He hit .351 with an OBP of .457 (OPS of 1.154) and had 38 HR and 122 RBI in 118 games.  Imagine what kind of numbers he would have put up that year if he would have been healthy for the whole thing.

That can be a misleading line though too. Pitching was non-existent in 2000...Boston had the best team ERA, and that was 4.23. There were 6 teams with an ERA of 5.00 or more...that's almost half the league.

I'm not discounting what Manny did...he had an insane year...but it probably isn't as good as it looks.

EDiT: I should note that this is only the AL. I figured that was obvious, considering Manny has only played for an AL team his entire career.

Edited by witesoxfan