Even I'm not this crazy

mreye

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's obviously a retard.

A marine voting for bush is equivilent to a cow voting for a butcher. You know he's going to kill you one way or another for a war based on a lie.

That is about the most f***ing pathetic thing I've read on here in a long time. :headshake

Stabbing or breaking up with someone over their choice of either Bush or Kerry is rather extreme.

Doing it over one's choice of Alan Keyes, however, is perfectly acceptable.

Stabbing is extreme yes, but I can see breaking up with someone over their politics. I might not do it myself, but just depends on how passionate and emotional people are in their views.

Stabbing is extreme yes, but I can see breaking up with someone over their politics. I might not do it myself, but just depends on how passionate and emotional people are in their views.

I think your politics say a lot more about you. Abortion, guns, enviornment. It says a lot more than just Republican or Democrat.

I think your politics say a lot more about you. Abortion, guns, enviornment. It says a lot more than just Republican or Democrat.

I think it says a lot more of a person that can't learn to co-exist with someone over political views. Love isn't ruled by ones political stance. And I think it's sad if someone basis their relationshps on it. It's kinda.. like... being racist. IMO. :ph34r:

I think it says a lot more of a person that can't learn to co-exist with someone over political views. Love isn't ruled by ones political stance. And I think it's sad if someone basis their relationshps on it. It's kinda.. like... being racist. IMO.  :ph34r:

But that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying your political stance is based on something much much deeper and therefore is not off limits to use as a basis for your "ideal" relationship. I can co-exist. (I'm still on this website, aren't I? ;) )

It's not an object of "co-existing." It's more than that. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with someone that doesn't have the same basic views as I do. Whether it's politics or raising kids.

But that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying your political stance is based on something much much deeper and therefore is not off limits to use as a basis for your "ideal" relationship. I can co-exist. (I'm still on this website, aren't I?  ;) )

I didn't say that's what YOU said. :P

I said what I think.. ;)

I think it says a lot more of a person that can't learn to co-exist with someone over political views. Love isn't ruled by ones political stance. And I think it's sad if someone basis their relationshps on it. It's kinda.. like... being racist. IMO.  :ph34r:

But, what if someone is a die-hard Republican based primarily on the fact that they tend to be more pro-life? Could that person reasonably have a relationship with a Democrat committed to pro-choice?

But, what if someone is a die-hard Republican based primarily on the fact that they tend to be more pro-life?  Could that person reasonably have a relationship with a Democrat committed to pro-choice?

Why not? It's not that hard to make sure to not get into a position where that issue would directly effect your personal life.

Unless either side is so extreme, I don't see it being an issue. If they are that extreme.. I don't see them in a long term relationship anyway.

Why not? It's not that hard to make sure to not get into a position where that issue would directly effect your personal life.

Unless either side is so extreme, I don't see it being an issue. If they are that extreme.. I don't see them in a long term relationship anyway.

I think because I don't know anybody who is lukewarm on a topic like this. Whichever side you believe, you believe it pretty strongly, and I can't see how a couple with opposing views on this could survive together.

Though you're right--two people on opposite sides of this coin probably don't date the other's type much. Kind of like a rancher dating someone from PETA.