Even I'm not this crazy

mreye

I think because I don't know anybody who is lukewarm on a topic like this.  Whichever side you believe, you believe it pretty strongly, and I can't see how a couple with opposing views on this could survive together.

Though you're right--two people on opposite sides of this coin probably don't date the other's type much.  Kind of like a rancher dating someone from PETA.

:ph34r: Or a Cub fan dating a Sox fan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really.. you don't know anyone lukewarm on abortion..? Wow.. most people I know are lukewarm on it. "Depends on the situation" is a frequent answer I hear.

I would say that anyone who would use the qualifying statement "depends on the situation" is definitely pro-choice. Pro-lifers don't believe in abortion under any circumstances.

my wife is pro-life and i'm pro-choice. she's also generally more conservative while i lean liberal. and we're doing fine. really, though peeps often get emotional over political disagreements, i'm not sure it's clear what exactly your political stance says about you. it's ultimately an intellectual disagreement over how best to go about the process of government in a way that best benefits humans. to disagree over the particulars of that process doesn't necessarily make you morally or emotionally incompatible. and granted that not everyone would accept how i characterize politics here, but i think peeps' intentions do usually fall somewhere under that umbrella.

That makes them lukewarm on the matter.

a little off subject but an interesting question. How can you be lukewarm about it?

You are either pro choice or pro life. There is no in between.

If your stance on it is 'it depends on the situation', then I interpret that to mean abortion is acceptable in certain situations, but acceptable nontheless.

pro lifers will tell you that abortion is never ok.

That is about the most f***ing pathetic thing I've read on here in a long time.  :headshake

Why is what I said so pathetic.

I can't imagine too many hard working soldiers are happy about being in a country where no one wants them their and the whole reason they wound up there turned out to be a lie.

a little off subject but an interesting question.  How can you be lukewarm about it?

You are either pro choice or pro life.  There is no in between.

If your stance on it is 'it depends on the situation', then I interpret that to mean abortion is acceptable in certain situations, but acceptable nontheless.

pro lifers will tell you that abortion is never ok.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Stabbing is extreme yes, but I can see breaking up with someone over their politics. I might not do it myself, but just depends on how passionate and emotional people are in their views.

If people break up over religion then why not politics. In a sense both have a heavy basis on your own personal beliefs.

For example, I could never go out with a really really christian girl, one that didn't accept the fact that I didn't go to church. I don't like anyone that forces god onto me.

Id say Im pro-life, but Im lukewarm about it....so you can be lukewarm either way. I believe if a mother's life is in danger or if a person was raped then an abortion should be an option. I don't believe it should be an option for 15 yr old cheerleader Betsy and 15 yr old quarterback Chad, robbing daddy's cash stash, because Chad didn't want to wear a condom cause it doesn't feel as good and Betsy didn't want to go on the pill because she heard it makes ya fat. At the least it has to be more difficult than just walking in to a clinic and ploppin down some cash.

I think we can set some kid of standards, where as now, it's just a free for all. Anyway, I don't have a clear cut answer to this...I think a lot of people aren't quite sure how they feel...hence the "lukewarm" thing. I think the majority of people are in the middle....

Why is what I said so pathetic.

I can't imagine too many hard working soldiers are happy about being in a country where no one wants them their and the whole reason they wound up there turned out to be a lie.

Because what you said has no basis in fact. I know plenty of soldiers that are Bush supporters. "No one" wants them there? I beg to differ. I've heard and read plenty of stories about Iraqi citizens that are happy to see American troops. But, I guess it's OK for you to generalize to make your arguement in both cases. :rolly

What about Nascar?

Brian has come over to the dark side and cheers for Jeff B as well now. So, in turn, I cheer for Ricky Rudd.

Nascar and hockey we generally agree on except when the Canes play the Sens lol. Guess I won't have to worry about that for awhile (if ever again).

Id say Im pro-life, but Im lukewarm about it....so you can be lukewarm either way.  I believe if a mother's life is in danger or if a person was raped then an abortion should be an option.  I don't believe it should be an option for 15 yr old cheerleader Betsy and 15 yr old quarterback Chad, robbing daddy's cash stash, because Chad didn't want to wear a condom cause it doesn't feel as good and Betsy didn't want to go on the pill because she heard it makes ya fat.  At the least it has to be more difficult than just walking in to a clinic and ploppin down some cash. 

I think we can set some kid of standards, where as now, it's just a free for all.  Anyway, I don't have a clear cut answer to this...I think a lot of people aren't quite sure how they feel...hence the "lukewarm" thing.  I think the majority of people are in the middle....

You are pro choice and not lukewarm at all. You gave a very specific example of when you think it should be an option.

Pro lifers would say it's never ok, even in your example.

You are pro choice and not lukewarm at all. You gave a very specific example of when you think it should be an option.

Pro lifers would say it's never ok, even in your example.

Once again.. that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I fail to see why you need to label the thoughts of others. You're simply egging on a fight.. when there is no point to one.

Once again.. that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I fail to see why you need to label the thoughts of others. You're simply egging on a fight.. when there is no point to one.

Labeling the thoughts of others? How? Kinda like you accusing me of 'egging on a fight'?

No one is mentioning fighting besides you and I didn't reply to you.

Labeling the thoughts of others?  How? Kinda like you accusing me of 'egging on a fight'?

No one is mentioning fighting besides you and I didn't reply to you.

You keep calling it "pro choice" when CC clearly said what he feels he is. You say tomatoe, I say tamatoe... why do you feel the need to "correct" what he is saying?

Which will likely lead to an "argument" - for lack of a better term - that doesn't need to happen.