Politics right - left - other

Controlled Chaos

Anyone else excited to have this all end. Right now I sense a lot of people kind of hating on each other. This is a very tense election. I think regardless of who wins, we have to find a way to come together as a country. The politics won't help us get there. With Bush, people say he is trying to isolate us from other countries. With Kerry, people say he is too reliant on other countries.

I think we the people, the US citizens, have to find our happy median regardless of the outcome of this election. I mean there will always be the fringe of the fringe that aren't willing to give a little for the greater good, but I honestly believe the majority of people care more about the whole than it's parts.

To honestly believe that John Kerry doesn't care about the country which he has given up so much to be in charge of is just ludicrous. It is also ludicrous to think George Bush, who has had to defend everything from his vacation time to his 70's pay stubs , has sacrificed all this because he doesn't care about the country. Both these men have very different views, but both are doing what they think is best for the country whether we agree or not. May the best man win and if it's not my guy I'll stand united behind the other.

On another note, I am hoping this election is a decisive one, so we can get to healing the sides and finding that middle ground. :usa

It's just a rivalry, like in sports.

Both sides know that people want to vote for "a winner", which is why 3rd parties get almost NO votes. Voting for anyone other than "someone who has a chance to win", even if you're voting for someone who reflects your beliefs, is mocked as "throwing away your vote".

So just like any sports rivalry, there's taunting, s***-talking, lying, distorting or exaggerating your opponent's words, and so on.

It's just a game, albeit a high-stakes, dangerous game.