term limits for moderators?

sox4lifeinPA

I think it is a great idea. I have mentioned it through the various channels. I also wanted to start a guest moderator program to allow some people who are busy to jump in for a month or so and put their touch on a given forum.

I have been involved in many real world projects and organizations that run on volunteer labor. The fairest way for the organization and volunteer is a time limit on their involvement. It makes it easy for both parties to exit without hurt feelings.

I concur. I was gone all summer but still retained my mod rights. I think we could have people step up as acting mods while some of us tend to real life issues. It wouldn't hurt the process at all, because we'd still have permanent mods, but they'd have alternates to help them out when need be.

I don't know.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur. I was gone all summer but still retained my mod rights. I think we could have people step up as acting mods while some of us tend to real life issues. It wouldn't hurt the process at all, because we'd still have permanent mods, but they'd have alternates to help them out when need be.

I don't know.

I think we could do that anyways, even if the rotating moderators idea doesn't work.

If a moderator or even an administrator is going to be gone for an extended period of time(probably up to 3 days or more), there should be an acting moderator just for the time being.

The only other thing is that mods really don't do a whole lot.  They pin/unpin and open/close threads mostly.  Its not like they ban or suspend people.

I do like the rotation idea because it does bring fresh blood and ideas though.

Don't listen to this man, citizens.

Mods run the show. Everyboday knows that. :ph34r:

I have no problem with it. However, I think we need to set some system up for it if we were to do it.

I think it's a good idea in theory.... but I have a bad feeling it's going to end up being a popularity contest and end up pissing alot of people off.

I think a mod poll would be a great idea.

Lets store some democracy in this place!

OK mr. 85 posts it is apparent that you are much more qualified to speak on whether this place has democracy than say, me, who has been here for 3 years.