Big Frank is coming back!

whitesoxin'

For a DH i'd like to see someone who can rotate in and out of that position, giving people a rest when they need it....

So it does make sense....

See the 2002 Anaheim Angels.....

That is usually why a player dh's because they cannot play the field at all and are slow. Enough people seem to like it that it has stuck around for so long. Since it was originally an experiment.

For a DH i'd like to see someone who can rotate in and out of that position, giving people a rest when they need it....

Hey man, your BENCH players give your starters rest, a starter doesnt give a starter rest!

Hey man, your BENCH players give your starters rest, a starter doesnt give a starter rest!

If you put Carl Everett at DH for MOST of the time, and then on a day where Lee has played 9 or 10 games in a row you let him just DH and let Hot Carl play left.... your letting Lee have some rest while still giving him his at-bats.... and your still keeping two of your better hitters in the game because of the versitility that the DH can bring....thats what im trying to get across.

Carl is more of what I want in my DH than Frank is, because he can actually do more than DH....

Carl is more of what I want in my DH than Frank is, because he can actually do more than DH....

Wow. Considering that Frank had an 1.100 OPS going into interleague play last year, this statement is beyond brutal. Unbelievable.

I'd rather have Carl Everett over the Edgar Martinez of the past 7 or 8 years...this is due to the fact that Edgar can only hit.

I smell a Cubs fan. :ph34r:

Wow.  Considering that Frank had an 1.100 OPS going into interleague play last year, this statement is beyond brutal.  Unbelievable.

I'd rather have Carl Everett over the Edgar Martinez of the past 7 or 8 years...this is due to the fact that Edgar can only hit.

I smell a Cubs fan. :ph34r:

Whenever you hear something stupid and baseless, you hear a cub fan!

:fthecubs :fthecubs :fthecubs :fthecubs

Guest hawaiisoxfn
I agree, he is no longer one of the top hitters in the game. But he is still one of the top sluggers in the game.

I didnt know there was even a difference. :huh

He had a shot this year. I think he went 0-18 to end it since he was hurt/pinch hitting. He ended at .271 or so. He could do it easily if he wanted to but I think he sees his job is to drive in runs and hit homers which it probably is now more than ever with Maggs gone.

If he could he would. The days of him hitting .300 are over.

On the bottomline of The Best Damn Sports Show, it said Frank Thomas exercised his option of $8 million for 2005. I'll try to find a link to confirm it. Personally, I am thrilled because Frank has always been my favorite player. Could this mean Pauly is on the move?

Now way does Konerko go anywhere as long as he's under contract. I think KW will hope he has a less productive year than 2004 and try to score another bargain and if he has a monster contract year then he'll make a token offer and he gawn via trade or FA.

And stop overglorifying Frank....best hitters in the game and Frank Thomas shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

If this was 10 years ago then Frank would be one of the best hitters in the leauge. It's not though but he can still have a damn fine season if someone would remind him that you can get hits by going with the pitch and hitting to all fields instead of trying to hit a homerun every at bat.

If this was 10 years ago then Frank would be one of the best hitters in the leauge.  It's not though but he can still have a damn fine season if someone would remind him that you can get hits by going with the pitch and hitting to all fields instead of trying to hit a homerun every at bat.

That's exactly what he was doing in '04. I even remember catching YOU praising Frank for doing so.

I don't think so.  I think 40 is realistic, but 50 is a little too much with as often as he walks.

No question.

And besides, his bat speed is nowhere near what it once was. That's why he's not getting as many of those laser beam singles anymore. It's not like he has an upper-cut swing...he's not swinging for the fences, but rather, he's trying to hit the ball hard somewhere. It sounds like the same thing, but it's not. However, what used to be routine laser beams is now routine pop-outs. But you can count on close to 40 HR and 30+ doubles if he's healthy. He might even surprise with a .300+ average...who knows? A 950+ OPS shouldn't be a problem considering that he still has that legendary batting eye...ya can't lose that. He is perfect for the cleanup spot.

Yeah,  he started doing that for a week or so and thats it then he started swinging for the fences again.

That might have had something to do with the fact that he had a broken bone and couldn't run, yet he was trying to hang in and help the club till Magglio got back from the DL.