Anyone else expecting a major assault in Iraq

Chisoxfn

I don't know about anyone else, but I know the writing was kind of on the wall when the British agreed to redeploy some of their troops, but I get the feeling that the US is going to go on an offensive in the days following the election in the Fallujah/Baghdad region.

On a sidenote, does anyone want to explain to me where Fallujah is in comparison to Baghdad. I've asked some people because I kind of hear the two cities mentioned interchangeably?

If Fallujah like the outskirts or something along those lines?

Nothing on the ground... Every life lost is directly proportiontal to kerry's approval..

Bush has a large scale ground attack planned as soon as the election is over.

I was gonna ask on monday, When and What is the big bomb(figurative, not liveral) that's going to be dropped before the election? And which campain is the first to drop it?

Nothing on the ground... Every life lost is directly proportiontal to kerry's approval..

Bush has a large scale ground attack planned as soon as the election is over.

I was gonna ask on monday, When and What is the big bomb(figurative, not liveral) that's going to be dropped before the election?  And which campain is the first to drop it?

Ya, I don't anticipate anything to happen until after the election. However, I do expect it to happen shortly. January is quickly coming upon us and they are going to have to do what they can to get as many of the insurgents taken care of, imo.

Ya, I'm still wondering that. Bush's White House speaker said on FoxNews tonight that they weren't planning any major announcement or anything along those lines. They were going to continue doing what they are doing now (I know I left this open to the other side).

I still expect something to come out though from one side or another. Last year around this time, Bush's DUI came up and sent Bush's momentum downward big time.

I don't know about anyone else, but I know the writing was kind of on the wall when the British agreed to redeploy some of their troops, but I get the feeling that the US is going to go on an offensive in the days following the election in the Fallujah/Baghdad region.

On a sidenote, does anyone want to explain to me where Fallujah is in comparison to Baghdad.  I've asked some people because I kind of hear the two cities mentioned interchangeably?

If Fallujah like the outskirts or something along those lines?

Fallujah is a small city of about 200K which is about 35 miles to the west of Baghdad.

Yeah, I expect Bush to send the Marines and pretty much level Falljuah after the election. There is a pretty strong resistance there. They do not want to risk the lives of more Americans so I am sure that they will mortar and bomb the s*** out of the city and then shoot whatever is left.

There are still a couple of days left to pull bin Laden out of a cave. It's something I would like to see more than probably anyone. But since it hasn't happened yet (since Bush "doesn't think too much about him") in all this time, I'll be more than happy to wait and see it happen on or shortly after Nov. 3.