New tape from Osama bin Laden airs

KipWellsFan

courtesy cbc.ca

QATAR - Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden appeared in a new videotaped message aired on an Arabic television station Friday, finally claiming responsibility for the 2001 attacks against the United States, just four days before the American presidential election.

"We decided to destroy towers in America" because "we are a free people... and we want to regain the freedom of our nation," bin Laden said, dressed in yellow and white robes and videotaped against a plain brown background.

In the 18-minute message, played on Qatar-based Al-Jazeera, bin Laden threatened new attacks against Americans if the policies of George W. Bush's government do not change, and outlined "the best way to avoid another Manhattan."

According to translators, bin Laden told American voters: "Your security is not in the hands of [Democratic candidate John] Kerry or Bush or al-Qaeda. Your security is in your hands."

Bin Laden said he decided that militants should start planning to attack the United States in the wake of Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon, when apartment towers in Beirut were bombed. The U.S. backed Israel in that action, he said.

He said al-Qaeda's suicide airplane attacks against the World Trade Center Towers and the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001, would have been less severe if Bush had been more vigilant and acted more quickly on that day.

Bin Laden also Bush had misled the American people in the three years since 19 hijackers sent seized airplanes flying into the high-profile targets.

"Bush is still deceiving you and hiding the truth from you and therefore the reasons are still there to repeat what happened," he said.

Very interesting stuff here. Althought I'm not sure what to make of it all. Thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol he clearly didn't

p.s. what is your avatar all about?

I know I thought it was obvious... I ran out of green..

3852250.jpg

It's a gator with a knife stuck in his skull... I think he's an inspiration, like that kitty hangin' from the clothesline, "Hang in there"....

I think my knife-head gator should say something like, "keep on swimin'" or "You think you've got a headache?"

3852250.jpg

It's a gator with a knife stuck in his skull... I think he's an inspiration, like that kitty hangin' from the clothesline, "Hang in there"....

I think my knife-head gator should say something like, "keep on swimin'" or "You think you've got a headache?"

I didn't realize that was a real photo. Man I can't explain it... I just feel so inspired right now. :lol:

I thought it was some sort of a flying object. :unsure:

Bin Laden...if u could only die...

Bin Laden is a f***ing pussy. Excuse my language. If we ever do find him he better be killed slowly and in very gory fashion.

3852250.jpg

Hate to break it to you Cheat, but they had to put the poor gator in that picture down - he was too badly injured to be saved.

White trash assholes... :angry: :angry:

Hate to break it to you Cheat, but they had to put the poor gator in that picture down - he was too badly injured to be saved.

White trash assholes...  :angry:  :angry:

You seriosly ruined my day... A few days ago when I read the report it said they thought he was gonna be fine.

This guy should be the #1 Suspect

croc4.jpg

/I'm burnin through bandwidth today :lol:

hey, why not. 5 :usa

Damn optical allusion. :lol:

Before reading this thread I thought the picture was an eagle. The knife's reflection off the water looks like the spread wings of a bird. A white impression made with the jaw's submersion in water appears similiar to the wake left by a passing speedboat.

Anyone else see this s***?

Osama Bin Laden endorses John Kerry.

How appropriate.

"Your security is not in the hands of [Democratic candidate John] Kerry or Bush or al-Qaeda. Your security is in your hands."

That was Osama Bin Laden. How is that an endorsement of Kerry? Oh yeah, and how is Bush feeling about Iran and Libya endorsing him?