Other Moves that Could Affect the Sox

beck72

What jason said in the post above this one. If there is someone to believe, believe him since he leaves in cali and heard everything that is happening with the angels.

I didn't know that. That makes sense. I'm just trying to see what exactly his injuries are and what Erstad's health outlook is.

I didn't know that. That makes sense. I'm just trying to see what exactly his injuries are and what Erstad's health outlook is.

Other than the nagging hammies, he just has alot of little various injuries throughout the year. But nothing that is as concering as the hammies.

If we trade lee i would be thrilled to get erstad

Although, if we trade konerko, first of all i would be mad that we trade konerko and i like to have my 1b to be a great hitter with 30+ hr power.

LF-Erstad

CF-Rowand

RF-Everett

And we trade lee for RJ

If thats are post season i wuold be pretty pleased.

Hmm...

So, Jason, do you really think that Konerko for Guillen AND Erstad straight up would work?  You actually think that Anahiem would accept that (or - say if we also threw in Munoz)?  I don't know what Anahiem's plans are this offseason, so that's why I ask...

I'm not sure, but if they add Beltran or add another starting pitcher then you'd think they would have to move Erstad. Of course at the same time this is kind of an out their idea simply because they will be taking on a contract in Konerko, but at the same time its a year shorter then Erstads and they have long indicated that they want to go with a power hitter corner first baseman and I think thats now emphasized with McPherson at 3b.

Plus Kennedy is going to be out for a while which means Eckstein/Figgins will be up the middle and at the top of the lineup. As far as Guillen goes, I saw that the Pirates may be the likely destination and they didn't seem to be rumored to give up too much.

I think the question is, would they do Konerko for Erstad straight up. I think that answer is obviously yes and that they would probably pay a little extra for us to take Erstads deal (probably not 4 mill a year, but maybe 4 mill over 2 years). Then when you figure in Guillen who is not going to be back in Anaheim (and if Pitt is only offering prospects, and not top prospects) then it makes you wonder.

In this case they also get a lefty reliever in Munoz and its no secret that the Angels could use some help out of the pen. I floated the idea to my dad and he seemed to think it would make sense from the Angels side.

The big question is how would the fans react, cause Ertsad is a fan favorite. But Sox get (assume Angels pick up 4 mill) 16 million over 2 years (12 for Erstad and 4 for Guillen). The Angels take on 13 million (I think thats what Konerko gets after his trade kicker) over one or two years (depending on if you count the 4 mill they pay of Erstads deal).

So when you look at next years roster they upgrade at 1b and its a wash in LF since they aren't using Guillen their anyway, especially if they go after Beltran.

From what I know it started with the knee injuries and they have somehow led to a lingering effect on his hamstring or something along those lines. He was pretty healthy this year, minus a hammy pull (off the top of my head I think that was his injury this year) and it seems like 1st base is a good fit for him.

He is happy their and as the season progressed he was looking amazing there. At the plate he got back in his groove and he's a great base runner and once again I can't mention enough about the type of leader he is. He's also the type of hard nose player fans in Chicago would like.

He's like a left handed Rowand in the hustle department.

I can't mention enough about the type of leader he is.  He's also the type of hard nose player fans in Chicago would like.

He's like a left handed Rowand in the hustle department.

I think that's why the Sox should take risks on getting guys like Erstad and Tim Hudson, even at the risk of overpaying. These are the type of extreme competitors missing on the Sox, and IMO preventing them from winning. Yet I think PK fits in this category as well. Lee doesn't. that's why I'd only go for Ersatd if he could LF. If not, then the sox would have ot look elsewhere for a leadoff type OF to team with Rowand