Who Forgot To Tell Him Not To Drink The Water?

3E8

I just pray to god that KW has put any thought of Joe Borchard being on the team in 05' out of his mind.

I won't totally give up on Crede because at least he was decent at the major league level once and he just regressed. The fact is Borchard hasn't done anything and it's looking like he never will. By the time Borchard might be decent enough to be a major league player both Sweeney and Anderson will be more then ready.

Time for him to do like that yankee dude and try out for an NFL team.

Borchard's splits:  .162/.225/.351

Lets hope this is just a side-effect of trying a new offensive approach.

Borchard can't hit a breaking ball. Mexican league is a Curveball, Screwball Change up league. But still can't really look at winter numbers, David Kelton last year ago tore that league up and where is Kelton ? As did Ty Wigginton 2 years back, they both led the league in homers an dRBI'S. Heck Wigginton hit like 12 homers and Kelton 10

Borchard can't hit a breaking ball. Mexican league is a Curveball, Screwball Change up league. But still can't really look at winter numbers, David Kelton last  year ago tore that league up and where is Kelton ? As did Ty Wigginton 2 years back, they both led the league in homers an dRBI'S. Heck Wigginton hit like 12 homers and Kelton 10

That makes sense why they sent Joe there then... I was wonder WTF you would send him to Mexico...

Borchard can't hit a breaking ball. Mexican league is a Curveball, Screwball Change up league. But still can't really look at winter numbers, David Kelton last  year ago tore that league up and where is Kelton ? As did Ty Wigginton 2 years back, they both led the league in homers an dRBI'S. Heck Wigginton hit like 12 homers and Kelton 10

Good info! I was wondering why Mexico as well.

Mostly all Winter League's are Breaking ball leagues. Of course with the Exception of the Dominican where there are a lot of hard throwers that Depend on Fastball, Splitter slider combo. But the Mexican league is the most of the breaking ball leagues. Cause they only bring in like 3 or 4 imported players by team, and many of the crafty veterans from there summer league stay active.

just saw those numbers from my Baseball America update.

Hey, Joe, say it ain't so.

ouch.

I don't see any way the Sox can even have him on the team as a backup outfielder.

Hope Joe invested that signing bonus intelligently -- and that JR asks the scouting department how in the hell they explain this.

That is 5 million down the hole.