OUCH!!!

Steff

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2873536

Harris County man hospitalized after most of his penis is severed and thrown away

A north Harris County woman was on the run Friday, accused of cutting off her boyfriend's penis with a kitchen knife while he was sleeping, sheriff's detectives said. The severed organ has not been found since the attack about 11 a.m. Thursday at the woman's home in the area of West Mount Houston and Airline. The victim, 33, is in Ben Taub General Hospital and is expected to survive. Eighty percent of his penis was severed, detectives said.

The Harris County Sheriff's Department declined to release the couple's names because the woman has not been charged. Detectives expect to charge her with aggravated assault this weekend, after they are able to interview the victim. The man was heavily medicated Friday, recovering from surgery. The woman, 45, told detectives she cut the man because he had been unfaithful in the past and had physically abused her.

Man on probation

Detectives confirmed the man was on probation for assaulting the woman last year and found a court order prohibiting him from going near her. But he was not abusing her when the attack occurred, sheriff's Lt. Ruben Diaz said. Despite the court order, the woman invited the boyfriend to her home Thursday, claiming she wanted to borrow his truck, Diaz said. The man works a night shift, and after he arrived, went to bed. "There was no argument," Diaz said. Later in the morning, the victim was awakened by a sharp pain. "He sees the bed full of blood, he immediately looks down and knows what's going on," Diaz said. "She's standing in the room. She's still there, staring at him."

The woman's sister and 22-year-old daughter heard the man's screams, ran into the room and saw the blood, detectives said. They drove him to Doctors Hospital Parkway in the 200 block of West Parker Road near the North Freeway. The woman with the knife refused to help them, Diaz said. Because that hospital did not have the facilities to treat such a severe injury, the victim was moved to Ben Taub, where his condition was then stabilized, Diaz said.

The woman later spoke with detectives after her daughter reached her on a cellular phone. She refused to come back to the house, Diaz said. "She claims once they loaded him up, she goes out on the back porch and throws the part away, but doesn't really say what happened to it. We can't find it anywhere," Diaz said. Deputies searched for the penis for hours after the woman's daughter and sister gave them permission to look around the house. Also missing is the knife, which the woman told investigators she dumped while walking toward Little York.

You know every time I read about one of these incidents I think, isn't everyone who commits a violent crime at least temporarily insane?

I assume violence against others isn't normal so I would agree that anyone who does crap like this is insane on some level.

I assume violence against others isn't normal so I would agree that anyone who does crap like this is insane on some level.

This clinches it for me:

"She's standing in the room. She's still there, staring at him."

This clinches it for me:

Agree eye...

Of course I have no experience with anything like this.. but I can't imagine a "normal" person would not try to help a bleeding person or at least be freaking out on some level. She's definitely a few cards short of a full deck.

Agree eye...

Of course I have no experience with anything like this.. but I can't imagine a "normal" person would not try to help a bleeding person or at least be freaking out on some level. She's definitely a few cards short of a full deck.

Steff, if you had experience with something like this, then I'd be running far far away if I saw you at SoxFest :lol: