Election Night is here...

Heads22

Well, since I'm the oldest and one of two brothers, me (and others) were sent a letter to fill out to register for the army (most of them got marines) If I don't sign it, consequences are taken..

All you HAVE to do is to register for selective services. You don't have to register for anything else. What they are telling you is BS.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanna say, regardless of how it turns out, everyone contributed really well to this thread.  There was a good amount of info, analysis, and satire, but nobody was even close to being out of control.  You could have just read this thread without even watching the TV coverage (which I sometimes did) and had a good feel for what was going on any given moment.

Solid job, folks. :cheers

Good post Spiffy. Outside of a couple silly things, this might be the longest thread in Soxtalk history, that didn't involve either a game thread or one ugly arguement.

You guys were awesome :cheers :cheers

dubya has it. fellow dems, what the f*** do we do know? do we have to rethink the ideology?  how the hell could we lose!!!?? 120 mil turnout which should of been great for kerry and we cant get it done. although i honestly cant say that i like the choice of kerry. retrospectively, he was a terrible choice for us. well, i guess now its 4 more years of bulls***. heres to clinton 08  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Good question. Even as a registered Republician, if the Democrats had put a canditate out there that gave me reason to believe in him, instead of fearing Bush, I would have voted for him. I honestly believe that was Kerry's downfall. Heck look no further than Bill Clinton dispite everything he did, everyone still believed in him.

Good question.  Even as a registered Republician, if the Democrats had put a canditate out there that gave me reason to believe in him, instead of fearing Bush, I would have voted for him.  I honestly believe that was Kerry's downfall.  Heck look no further than Bill Clinton dispite everything he did, everyone still believed in him.

Clinton was LIKEABLE, despite the Bull s***. I couldn't find anyone that really liked Kerry.

I said this before the election ... a vote for Kerry was emotion (I hate Bush) and Bush was about idealogy. Idealogy wins out damn near every time.

THAT was the Dems problem with this election - they were running on emotion and not idealogy. What's wrong with the Democratic party? Look no further then what I am saying here.

Edit: I also thought this last week that Kerry would pull it out in Ohio... so on that I was wrong. But Ideology does win out way more then emotion.

Edit #2: THAT IS WHAT THE TERRORISTS DO NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT AMERICA! Think about it. It all ties in together if you think about it. We do not give in to fear.

Edited by kapkomet

It clearly did not stop the Patrioit Act, which in simplest terms, is the removal of rights.

Actually checks and balances IS working against the Patriot Act. Many of the controversial provisions are working their way through the courts right now. As a matter of a fact many things in the PA have been struck down already. The system DOES work, it just takes a while once the courts and lawyers get involved.

You gotta love it.

Bush won the same way I thought he would.

He stole flordia again and noone cares.

IN FACT THE MEDIA IS HELPING HIM BY IGNORING IT!

Jeb's had a great stategy and no paper trail.

I just wonder who Bush knows to help him cheat in the other places.

I mean I can't imagine an ignorant moron became more popular with his low approval rating.

Also what is the hell are you guys smoking. Kerry was the only one talking about the issues. It was Bush who dodged and even LIED! BUSH WAS THE FEAR MONGER!

Of course the more brainwashed you are is best for the media. There is no liberal media anymore. It's all people making hand over fist over Bush's lies.

I think things have changed in Florida since 2000 though. Jeb Bush has an approval rating of 70% in Florida, which certainly helps George Dubya, and I think when Bush went down to Florida quickly after the numerous hurricanes and gave his support (also financially) to those people who lives and houses were devastated in the hurricanes, that would have definitely helped him as well.

Brian Williams gave the number that 87% of people approved of the way the federal government responded to the hurricanes in FL. They were saying that the hurricanes were basically a stroke of luck for Bush, as sad as that is.

You gotta love it.

I mean I can't imagine an ignorant moron became more popular with his low approval rating.

Also what is the hell are you guys smoking. Kerry was the only one talking about the issues. It was Bush who dodged and even LIED! BUSH WAS THE FEAR MONGER!

Of course the more brainwashed you are is best for the media. There is no liberal media anymore. It's all people making hand over fist over Bush's lies.

I am so buying stock in Reynolds Wrap today. You are going to need a lot more aluminum foil to make your tin foil hats for the next four years.

You gotta love it.

Move to France.

MSNBC has now officially awarded Ohio to Bush.  That gives him 269 EVs according to them, which would lock up at least a tie nationwide.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6291779/&CM=elexbantop&CE=full

Looking at CNN, they have already awarded to Nevada to Bush, which MSNBC has not. But they have still not awarded Ohio, which MSBNC has. If both of those fall to Bush, that makes 274 and guarentees Bush victory.