State Laws

mreye

In Indiana, our bars and liquor stores are closed until the polls are closed on Election Day. Is this the case elsewhere?

Just curious

Hm, interesting. I don't know about MN--but judging from the Jesse Ventura episode of a few years ago, I would say people are probably standing out in the streets handing out free booze. :)

In Indiana, our bars and liquor stores are closed until the polls are closed on Election Day. Is this the case elsewhere?

Just curious

Yea, that sucks, I'm in IN as well, but I used to be a bartender and election day was always sweet then because you didn't have to go into work until 6.

Just curious

Down here where I was last PCS'ed, one cannot buy liqour afer midnight on any day of the week, let alone not at all on a Sunday. Damn this bible belt...

Just curious

Yup Here too. Even if we don't vote for the President we have our elections and no drinking. Of course you buy the boooze today... :lol:

In New Jersey an italian guy shows up at your door says "vote democratic or else" and then mumbles something about loving kick backs.

Seriously though, I haven't heard of any major laws in NJ. A lot of schools have the day off...of course mine doesn't.

On Friday we recieved a voice message from Laura Bush, and today we recieved one from Guliani.

I am hoping for a kerry call, but the democrats must be feeling pretty confident that they can hold off the recent republican surge in the polls (Gore won by like 15%, and this year the state is split evenly in a few polls)...God I hope the dem's don't blow this state.

Down here where I was last PCS'ed, one cannot buy liqour afer midnight on any day of the week, let alone not at all on a Sunday. Damn this bible belt...

Indiana can't sell liquor on Sunday either, only restaurants can.

In Bergen County new jersey (where I live) no stores selling luxury items are allowed to be open on sundays. Only, gas stations, restraunts, grocery stores, and convenience stores are open sundays.

The malls are closed. And shopping is considered the pastime of Bergen County.

Then again, in this state it is illegal to pump your own gas...welcome to the east coast :lol:

I usually vote when I get home from work and am in and out in less than 2 minutes. Today, I woke up a little late and knew I was going to miss my first train so I figured I would just go ahead and vote this morning. HUGE mistake. I think all the idiots must vote in the morning because it took people an average of 6-7 minutes to vote! Morons, you can ask for a sample ballot to look at before you go into the booth! Ugh! I got to work 45 minutes late!

In New Jersey an italian guy shows up at your door says "vote democratic or else" and then mumbles something about loving kick backs.

Seriously though, I haven't heard of any major laws in NJ.  A lot of schools have the day off...of course mine doesn't.

On Friday we recieved a voice message from Laura Bush, and today we recieved one from Guliani. 

I am hoping for a kerry call, but the democrats must be feeling pretty confident that they can hold off the recent republican surge in the polls (Gore won by like 15%, and this year the state is split evenly in a few polls)...God I hope the dem's don't blow this state.

I'll call you, give me your number.

Signed,

A Kerry volunteer.

Just curious

Yes. It's the same here in KY. This is in place to keep someone from going into a bar and saying "Hey guys, come vote and candidate's Name will buy you a drink.

Of course, that would have been the only thing a political candidate has ever done for me. So, they outlawed it to prevent it from happening. Typical politicians. :D