Sex Education

What do you think schools should be teaching students about sex?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think schools should be teaching students about sex?

• abstinence
    • contraceptives and safe sex

One of the worst arguments is that teaching safe sex will send mix messages confusing teens.

Well, abstinence is a nice goal so you call attention to it. However, it is unrealistic to think all will practice it. So we must teach the alternative as well.

Abstinence is too hard considering their is nothing wrong with sex as long as its consensual.

My theory is teach teens to wait until they are ready (no this doesn't necessarily mean marriage, just means till they are mentally mature enough to handle a physical relationship). And hammer to death the use of contraceptives and safe sex.

I would enjoy seeing the argument of someone who believes in abstinence. I would like to know what their reason for abstinence is, and how they believe it could be mainstreamed.

Also do those practicing abstinence reject oral sex?

I would enjoy seeing the argument of someone who believes in abstinence.  I would like to know what their reason for abstinence is, and how they believe it could be mainstreamed.

I believe it means they refrain from all sexual gratification. Including masturbation.

I believe it means they refrain from all sexual gratification. Including masturbation.

s***...maybe they are just lacking ambition.

Then again it probably makes the little things in a relationship seem more important. Like hugging and holding hands has already become sort of routine after 2 weeks with my girlfriend.

However if that was as far as we planned on going, I am sure it would mean more.

I don't see why abstinence information can't be included in a comprehensive sex-education program. You don't have to push it, or shame kids into it, just make kids aware that it's the only fail-safe way to avoid the "unwanted results."

Although I wonder sometimes-- never once in driver's ed. was it mentioned that the only way to completely avoid being killed in a car crash is to not drive at all, and I bet the odds of a driver getting hurt or killed in an accident(even with seat belts on) are way higher than the odds you'd get a disease or pregnant from sex with condoms.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if a person does not empty the tanks...the tanks empty themselves, correct?

So masturbating is just like doing your own plumbing. Sure, it would be nice for the plumbing business if just waited for the plumbers to show up all the time. But sometimes you have to fix the pipes yourself.

I would enjoy seeing the argument of someone who believes in abstinence.  I would like to know what their reason for abstinence is, and how they believe it could be mainstreamed.

Well, I think part of the problem with oral sex is that kids think that it IS abstinence. So they take NO measures to protect themselves from STIs in that situation. You CAN get an STI from oral sex and I think it's a big misconception that you can't....

I'm for teaching safe sex--but I do think abstinence is a viable option (difficult but viable) and should be taught too.

Although I wonder sometimes-- never once in driver's ed. was it mentioned that the only way to completely avoid being killed in a car crash is to not drive at all,

And driving isn't a moral issue like havng sex. Next thing we'll hear is parents wanting to purchase liquor for underage kids because they will probably drink anyway, so they might as well teach them how to drink safely.

And driving isn't a moral issue like havng sex. Next thing we'll hear is parents wanting to purchase liquor for underage kids because they will probably drink anyway, so they might as well teach them how to drink safely.

the drinking thing probably wouldn't be such a bad idea :ph34r:

I have heard in countries with looser standards kids are more responsible with alcohol because it is not such a forbidden thing.

Then again getting s***faced is a necessary life experience.

I would say that sex, oral and anal sex in the teenage years are not good without protection. Not to say that sex and anal sex are uncommon for teenagers, you could hear more about oral sex.

So I'll rephrase my earlier statement, if you can practice abstinance...great, but if you can't, and you want to practice sexual intercourse, practice safe sex.

Anal/Oral Sex... :puke

the drinking thing probably wouldn't be such a bad idea :ph34r:

I have heard in countries with looser standards kids are more responsible with alcohol because it is not such a forbidden thing.

Then again getting s***faced is a necessary life experience.

I pity kids who drink because I know some of these kids have a bright future.

In college, who knows, something bad might happen if they get addicted to it.

Not to mention the weight you would gain.