Tires slashed on GOP vehicles

mreye

I heard that some polling place in NJ was closed for 2 hours because somebody ran in and threw a white powder everywhere and they had to call in a HAZMAT team.

This is so insane.

There was a bomb threat at an Arizona polling place, which by the way also serves as an Elementary school. :headshake They had to move to a church down the street.

Why is everyone freaking out over this election?

because this is the important election we have had in a long time. i know that every election is important, but this one is even more so because of the state of the country right now, with respect to things like sky rocketing gas prices, unemployment, and outsourcing. not to mention things like terrorism and the whole iraq, north korea, and iran issues.

because this is the important election we have had in a long time.  i know that every election is important, but this one is even more so because of the state of the country right now, with respect to things like sky rocketing gas prices, unemployment, and outsourcing.  not to mention things like terrorism and the whole iraq, north korea, and iran issues.

Meh. More important than it was during the Great Depression? Or the Cuban missile crisis or the Cold War or... You can say that about any election (and the media usually do), but now you have more coverage than ever, which leads the masses to believe that it's "The most important election of all time." :puke

because this is the important election we have had in a long time.  i know that every election is important, but this one is even more so because of the state of the country right now, with respect to things like sky rocketing gas prices, unemployment, and outsourcing.  not to mention things like terrorism and the whole iraq, north korea, and iran issues.

I understand the importance of it. I just don't recall so many stories like the ones above for any other election. I think we get so bombarded with fear that people really start to freak out.

Yeah, there is way too much crap eminating from all directions, that is for sure.

But I'm still blown away by the brazenness of dis-information/intimidation campaigns like this one aimed at black voters in Milwaukee -- supposedly by a black voter organization (that doesn't really exist).

This was from the Sierra Club voter information website, and is not some crazy story from The Onion:

milwaukee.gif

Yeah, there is way too much crap eminating from all directions, that is for sure.

But I'm still blown away by the brazenness of dis-information/intimidation campaigns like this one aimed at black voters in Milwaukee -- supposedly by a black voter organization (that doesn't really exist).

This was from the Sierra Club voter information website, and is not some crazy story from The Onion:

milwaukee.gif

You think the Onion has crazy stories but not the Sierra Club?

:rolly

It took me a little over an hour to vote, but its done :)

:o i couldn't imagine that. i voted around 9 this morning and it took me 15 minutes tops including the drive there and back to my house. i could probably count on one hand the number of people there voting (except judges, of course) and the polling place was covering two precincts...