NBA Season Starts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid game, even though it's a defensive struggle. The Rockets might have more of a supporting cast than people think, with Nachbar, Taylor, and Ward all contributing so far. That deal for T-Mac was really solid, since they not only got T-Mac, they got a solid inside presence in Howard and a solid backup PG in Lue.

Solid game, even though it's a defensive struggle.  The Rockets might have more of a supporting cast than people think, with Nachbar, Taylor, and Ward all contributing so far.  That deal for T-Mac was really solid, since they not only got T-Mac, they got a solid inside presence in Howard and a solid backup PG in Lue.

No one really understands why lue is not starting over ward. But they do seem to be more solid than alot were thinking.

No one really understands why lue is not starting over ward. But they do seem to be more solid than alot were thinking.

I would start Ward over Lue. He's old, but he's pass-first, he knows how to get people the ball. Plus Van Gundy is more familiar with him from their days in New York.

I forgot to mention Jim Jackson before, he's another solid all-around player.

I would start Ward over Lue.  He's old, but he's pass-first, he knows how to get people the ball.  Plus Van Gundy is more familiar with him from their days in New York.

I forgot to mention Jim Jackson before, he's another solid all-around player.

That is probally the case, but i feel lue will have the starting job sooner or rather than later. It should not matter much who has the starting job because they will probally split playing time pretty evenly.

Solid game, even though it's a defensive struggle.  The Rockets might have more of a supporting cast than people think, with Nachbar, Taylor, and Ward all contributing so far.  That deal for T-Mac was really solid, since they not only got T-Mac, they got a solid inside presence in Howard and a solid backup PG in Lue.

Howard can't play much on the defensive end, that'll endear him to Van Gundy. Lue couldn't handle starting in Orlando, he'll get man-handled by bigger point guards. Nachbar's been struggling with his shot as well. They're not the deepest team by any means.

Howard can't play much on the defensive end, that'll endear him to Van Gundy. Lue couldn't handle starting in Orlando, he'll get man-handled by bigger point guards. Nachbar's been struggling with his shot as well. They're not the deepest team by any means.

I didn't say they were the deepest team, but they're deeper than they were last year.

Anyone else think Dallas is very underrated coming into this season??

I don't know about underrated, but I like what they did. Daniels/Harris at the point is a solid duo (if Daniels is healthy). Dampier is way better than Shawn Bradley.

They made some smart moves; got younger, more committed to defense (or so it would seem), got away from the five-shooters-on-the-floor philosiphy.

As a side note, Marquis Daniels is now the highest paid player in his draft class, ahead of LeBron and Carmelo. :lol:

-Peja 0-7 from 3. Ouch.

-Doug Christie didn't play.

-The Nuggets started really slow, looked lost on both ends of the court. Anytime you give up points to a Laker five like Tierre Brown, Kareem Rush, Brian Cook, Chris Mihm and Jumaine Jones, you have problems.

-A lot of ugly shooting percentages, but that's to be expect for the first month or so.

Miami defeats NJ 100-77, Rasual Butler steps up like I predicted he would with 16 points 6 boards and 3 assists. He's gonna be a guy that suprises everyone.

New Jersey stinks, it'll be a loooooooooong season in the swamp.

And Boston pissed me off, blew a 10 point lead in the fourth. Defense totally broke down, nobody could hit a free throw. Pierce back-rimmed a 3 to tie, but it shouldn't have come to that. Well anyway I'm happy for Jim O'Brien.

These are all the big performances so far.

Duncan - 24/12/2 assists, 9/13 shooting, 6/6 FT, 2 TO, in 26 minutes of action (about 44/22 per 48 min)

KG - 28/20/7/3 blocks, 13/20 shooting, 1 TO

Marbury- 27/10, 8/15 shooting, 3/6 3FG, 8/11 FT, 1 steal, 2 TO

Francis - 26/7/9 assists, 11/23 shooting, 1 steal, 2 TO

AI - 30/6 assists, 13/22 shooting, 2 steals, 3 TO

Pierce - 35/13/8, 10/23 shooting, 14/18 FT, 2 steals, 5 TO

Ilgauskas - 35/18/2 blocks, 12/24 shooting, 11/12 FT, 2 TO

Dirk (last night) - 33/10/5/2 blocks/2 steals, 12/19 shooting, 7/8 FT

Mihm - (last night) -23/12/2 blocks/ 4 TO, 8/16 shooting, 7/10FT

Tinsley - 15 points, 14 assists, 7 boards.