New bin Laden warning?

LosMediasBlancas

That would just be bad news for everybody and further divide this country.  I'd pray this isn't true if I believed in God.

Where did you hear this?

Nothing solid, just the rumor mill around the office.

Yes, it would be horrible, but you have to admit, it's pretty good strategy on bin Laden's part.

Probably the interpretation of the Nov. 1 OBL video in which a neo-conservative organization selectively translated a word the wrong way.

http://www.antiwar.com/cole/?articleid=3898

A reinterpretation of the speech, put in motion by the neoconservative organ MEMRI, has been flying around the web, suggesting that bin Laden is threatening individual American states if they vote for Bush.

At the end of his message, bin Laden said this:

"In conclusion, I tell you in truth, that your security is not in the hands of Kerry, nor Bush, nor al-Qaeda. No. Your security is in your own hands. And every state [wilayah] that doesn't play with our security has automatically guaranteed its own security."

MEMRI is claiming that the word used for "state" in this sentence means state as in Rhode Island and New Jersey.

But while they are right to draw attention to the oddness of the diction, their conclusion is impossible.