Ken Rosenthal Reports:

3E8

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this deal would be awesome for us. IMO, hudsons ERA would like 2.5 here since he is a major sinkerballer! and i would MUCH rather trade PK than lee. gload will be more than an adequete fit at 1b. sign vizquel and a BP guy and weve got a solid offseason. although i am getting a bit ahead of myself since the deal hasnt happened yet!

Nope it will never happen or nope I don't think that's fair?

Why on earth would Billy Beane trade Tim Hudson for Paul Konerko? It makes zero sense especially considering he could go out and get his god, Kevin Youkilis, and more from the Red Sox or a payed for Posada and Vasquez from the Yankees.

No as in.. It. Will. Never. Happen.

Why on earth would Billy Beane trade Tim Hudson for Paul Konerko?  It makes zero sense especially considering he could go out and get his god, Kevin Youkilis, and more from the Red Sox or a payed for Posada and Vasquez from the Yankees.

No as in..  It. Will. Never. Happen.

beane would do it becaue he knows that he will not be able to sign all three studs. and he probably values zito and mulder over hudson since they are younger and lefties. also he does need some power now that dye is gone too. PK would probably DH for them

beane would do it becaue he knows that he will not be able to sign all three studs. and he probably values zito and mulder over hudson since they are younger and lefties.  also he does need some power now that dye is gone too. PK would probably DH for them

Hudson is a leader, a horse, a guy that is coveted by each and every gm out there. It won't be that easy.

Why on earth would Billy Beane trade Tim Hudson for Paul Konerko?  It makes zero sense especially considering he could go out and get his god, Kevin Youkilis, and more from the Red Sox or a payed for Posada and Vasquez from the Yankees.

No as in..  It. Will. Never. Happen.

I know Beane likes Youkilis. But where's he gonna play him? He's got Chavez at 3B(and he's the cornerstone of that team), he's got Hatteberg at 1B(and he's got a bigger mancrush on Hatte then he does Youkilis), and Durazo at DH(and he's not gonna have Youkilis at DH).

Again I ask...where's he gonna put him? The deal has to make sense for him to make it, regardless of how much he likes the guy.

Hudson is a leader, a horse, a guy that is coveted by each and every gm out there.  It won't be that easy.

actually he isnt coveted by every GM. i know that for me, i would rather have zito or mulder even though both have struggled recently. they are lefties, cheaper, and younger

Was this taken from the Whitesox.com board because I saw the same rumor.  I don't trust anything at Whitesox.com.  However, the deal makes sense for both teams, and Hudson makes us the AL Central Favorites easliy.

I do not want to hear AL Central favorites ever again....I am sick of that after let downs every year in our division

actually he isnt coveted by every GM. i know that for me, i would rather have zito or mulder even though both have struggled recently. they are lefties, cheaper, and younger

Who wouldn't want Tim Hudson at $6.5 million? Maybe a team with big budget problems, but any GM with a spit would kill for Hudson.

I'd like Konerko plus others for Hudson...that'd be great.  But I'm not sure how much else we'd have to give up.  Probably a ton.

You'd figure Beane has interest in atleast one top tier prospect. I'd bet that prospect is Brandon McCarthy, although that's just speculation on my behalf.

Perhaps it's the reputation Beane has earned as a screwd GM, but any trade involving Hudson needs close examination. Hopefully no one (especially KW) jumps up and down proclamining our starter problems are gone and quickly sign the dotted line. Williams was estatic trading Foulke for a hard throwing closer, yet was burned when Koch left his velocity in Oakland. (Sorry, had to reference that in...again :D ) I hope conscious efforts are made to reflect upon stats/velocity of Hudson following his injury.

dont be so sure. they got PLENTY of SP talent in the minors. hardens already up. and they have guys like blanton who are close to the majors.

It has been reported that they can only keep two of the big three, and if i had a choice on who to keep it would be hudson and zito.

I'd do that in a heart beat,  however I don't think this could happen without the Sox paying some of Konerko's 8.5 million dollar salary.

Look at Oakland's payroll, and if you have read money ball, you know what I'm talking about.

I assume we'd get to eat Durazo up, but wouldn't have to part with any quality prospect.

The deal makes sense for us, but no sense whatsoever for Oakland, unless they do intend on trading Konerko out just like that.

Not sure if Beane would like Julio, but Oakland's bullpen needs to be upgraded, and they could potentially use someone like Hairston for the top of the order. 

I'd like Konerko plus others for Hudson...that'd be great.  But I'm not sure how much else we'd have to give up.  Probably a ton.

The A's don't need a closer.

They have a young man named Jairo Garcia, he will be given a chance at the job.

He has electrifying stuff...

CWSOX45