Oh no moment of the day...

Soxy

So, today after our departmental meeting I returned to my lab when all of a sudden this undergraduate comes SPRINTING down the hallway and says it's raining orange water in the lab she works in. I go in to check it out and send her to get the real faculty person there who works with it. It was seriously gushing down and out of the ceiling. So, I call the chair and administrator of the department. Who in turn calls the Hazardous Waste Material people. Apparently a pipe burst in the lab above this one and about 200 gallons of water (how they figured this out I do not know) came down through the ceiling and all over this lab. Worse, the water somehow got mixed with Potassium Chloride--so the police, fire and haz mat people had to caution off the entire area and had crazy masks on and stuff....

What a friggin day....

I don't know if I would term that the "Oh no moment of the day"  I think I would have to call that the "Holy s***, are you effin' kidding me!?" moment of the day.  At least that's how it would be for me.

I was more upset when a couple of rats from the colonies got loose a few weeks ago. I just thought a chemical spill was kind of comical--I mean 200 gallons of water, how the hell does that happen? That's wild! I just hope it doesn't smell tomorrow....

So, today after our departmental meeting I returned to my lab when all of a sudden this undergraduate comes SPRINTING down the hallway and says it's raining orange water in the lab she works in. I go in to check it out and send her to get the real faculty person there who works with it. It was seriously gushing down and out of the ceiling. So, I call the chair and administrator of the department. Who in turn calls the Hazardous Waste Material people. Apparently a pipe burst in the lab above this one and about 200 gallons of water (how they figured this out I do not know) came down through the ceiling and all over this lab. Worse, the water somehow got mixed with Potassium Chloride--so the police, fire and haz mat people had to caution off the entire area and had crazy masks on and stuff....

What a friggin day....

Damn it, I was thinking you guys were having a sunkist orange drink extravaganza :D :drink