Election Coverage

Chisoxfn

I don't know where to post this and if anyone even cares about this. But I was going to see how everyone judged the election coverage and wht station they ended up watching.

I figured i'd be watching FoxNews, but to be honset, I thought they did a lousy job on the election.

In the end I was shocked to say I watched CNN the most. I thought other then Bill Bradley, and the red head person in CNN News booth (god was she biased) that they did a pretty unbiased job. The only thing I didn't like is how they made a huge deal about making Ohio a green state and how its "Too Close to Call".

Anyway just want to give CNN credit. Hell I caught a little CBS and they weren't that bad either. ABC was solid and surpisingly MSNBC did a very good job as well (I'm not a Chris Matthews fan).

I don't know where to post this and if anyone even cares about this.  But I was going to see how everyone judged the election coverage and wht station they ended up watching.

I figured i'd be watching FoxNews, but to be honset, I thought they did a lousy job on the election.

In the end I was shocked to say I watched CNN  the most. I  thought other then Bill Bradley, and the red head person in CNN News booth (god was she biased) that they did a pretty unbiased job.  The only thing I didn't like is how they made a huge deal about making Ohio a green state and how its "Too Close to Call".

Anyway just want to give CNN credit.  Hell I caught a little CBS and they weren't that bad either.  ABC was solid and surpisingly MSNBC did a very good job as well (I'm not a Chris Matthews fan).

I think the only reason CNN and some of the other networks kept Ohio as TCTC for so long was to keep people interested for as long as possible.

I think the only reason CNN and some of the other networks kept Ohio as TCTC for so long was to keep people interested for as long as possible.

I thought that too, but they were really over-dramatizing. I mean if you want to talk close, lets look at Wisconsin, Iowa, New Mexico. Ohio really wasn't that close, especially when the precint numbers were showing Bush increases in comparison to 2000 in the majority of counties.

Just like I was surprised how slow certain stations were to call Florida.

I thought that too, but they were really over-dramatizing.  I mean if you want to talk close, lets look at Wisconsin, Iowa, New Mexico.  Ohio really wasn't that close, especially when the precint numbers were showing Bush increases in comparison to 2000 in the majority of counties.

I agree and I would have called Ohio earlier, but everyone knew that if Bush won Ohio he won the election, hence if he wins Ohio there is no drama. If there isn't any drama than less people tune in. Plus, I think the networks were a little gun shy on just about every race following the f*** up in 2000.

I don't know where to post this and if anyone even cares about this.  But I was going to see how everyone judged the election coverage and wht station they ended up watching.

In the end I was shocked to say I watched CNN  the most. I  thought other then Bill Bradley, and the red head person in CNN News booth (god was she biased) that they did a pretty unbiased job.  The only thing I didn't like is how they made a huge deal about making Ohio a green state and how its "Too Close to Call".

Anyway just want to give CNN credit.  Hell I caught a little CBS and they weren't that bad either.  ABC was solid and surpisingly MSNBC did a very good job as well (I'm not a Chris Matthews fan).

Speaking of CBS and Rather I thought some of you would enjoy this from ratherbiased.com via a thread on Fark.

http://ratherbiased.com/temp/

I thought that too, but they were really over-dramatizing.  I mean if you want to talk close, lets look at Wisconsin, Iowa, New Mexico.  Ohio really wasn't that close, especially when the precint numbers were showing Bush increases in comparison to 2000 in the majority of counties.

They handled Florida like it was a hot potato. The networks got into a lot of trouble last time for calling the state prematurely.

The one telling thing about the liberal media, most people missed. Ed Gillespie, chair of the RNC, let it slip that Tom Brokaw campaigned for Thune, the Republican challenger to Tom Daschle in South Dakota, where he's from.

CNN had election coverage. Fox News not so much. I think thats why the numbers for Fox/CNN battle narrowed over the night. I think a lot of people are realizing that Fox has an agenda - and I think a backlash is starting. It won't erase their ratings lead, but it will probably dwindle somewhat.

I'll say this. CNN.com and NewsNight with Aaron Brown, is clearly a superior Television product.

I was at an election party. They had Fox News on as well as someone online checking the other news networks. For a while I watched CNN because I left the party to sit and eat with some friends. My complaint about CNN is on the ticker they only showed who was leading and by what percent. Whereas Fox News had that on the ticker in addition to how many precincts were reporting. For the most part, I couldn't hear the news anyway so it didn't really matter.

One thing I did notice was Fox's ticker was a little more up to date time wise. They usually had a few percent higher with the precincts.

I also noted that part Potus. I thought Fox's coverage got stronger as the night went on but for most of the early part I was on CNN.

Plus everyone says Fox has bias, but Greta is a democrat and O'Reilly is doing everything he can to remain fair and balanced. I think both sides wanted to do as much as they could to make sure they were balanced for the election.