Arafat brain dead..?

Steff

How do any of you think Arafat's death would affect the Israeli/Palestinian situation? Does it even matter, or are their differences too deep and entrenched to be settled diplomatically?

Well... since Arafat never named a successor... I forsee chaos. :ph34r:

Heard it on the radio, but no links from the internet.. Anyone else hearing this?

I heard on the radio that Israel is reporting that he's dead (that he has no activity in his brain) but that his heart is still working, so technically he's alive.

The hospital he is at is denying this report though. I'm assuming he's in a comma. Either way this is going to be very interesting to see how this situation is handled by Palestinians and Israelites.

He's only breathing thanks to life support systems so I don't think he's coming back. And Steff is right, there'll be complete chaos between Israel and Palenstines now. Let's hope Bush can actually take his focus off Iraq for a second and get these 2 back on the peace table.