Finally a Democrat that gets it.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-daley05.html

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-budget05.html

Small wonder he's still in office.  He may be a Democrat but he governs like a moderate Republican and thats why I like him.

The key word there is, "moderate."

And I agree, Daley is a Democrat in name only. If more republicans were like him philosophically(sp?), I'd be a republican.

The key word there is, "moderate."

And I agree, Daley is a Democrat in name only.  If more republicans were like him philosophically(sp?), I'd be a republican.

Daley doesn't deserve any political label except "mafia boss" The fact that he is still a mayor after all of the corruption that goes on around him, yet never quite seems to include him :rolly is a joke.

Daley doesn't deserve any political label except "mafia boss"  The fact that he is still a mayor after all of the corruption that goes on around him, yet never quite seems to include him :rolly is a joke.

Amen. Welcome to Chicago.

Daley doesn't deserve any political label except "mafia boss"  The fact that he is still a mayor after all of the corruption that goes on around him, yet never quite seems to include him :rolly is a joke.

He's the mayor of the third largest city in the country. Why would he know the day-to-day dealings of every department?

It's like saying the Superintendent of one of the largest school districts in the world should be considered corrupt because he didn't stop a group of 8th graders at Smith Jr. High from intimidating kids out of their lunch money.

He's the mayor of the third largest city in the country.  Why would he know the day-to-day dealings of every department?

It's like saying the Superintendent of one of the largest school districts in the world should be considered corrupt because he didn't stop a group of 8th graders at Smith Jr. High from intimidating kids out of their lunch money.

Yeah, you're right. He didn't know anything about Miegs Field. :rolly

All I know is Howard Dean would have been nice. I still don't understand what the big deal was about his ranting and raving speech.

IMO Dean would have been a much better canditate. The guy would have provided a clear contrast to GWB, and he has a history of standing up for what he believes. I have no doubts if Dean would have survived the knives in the primaries, he would be our President-elect now.

He's the mayor of the third largest city in the country.  Why would he know the day-to-day dealings of every department?

Or like saying GWB should know what is going on in a prision in Iraq?

Or like saying GWB should know what is going on in a prision in Iraq?

Well, yes. I never held the president responsible for the actions of some 20-year old hillbilly manly-girl.

How is Meigs Field a sign of corruption? From everything I've heard/read, most people(myself included) have no problem with the mayor removing Meigs. The only people who didn't like it are whiny business exec's who now have to get a ride in from O'Hare or Midway.

Well, yes.  I never held the president responsible for the actions of some 20-year old hillbilly manly-girl.

How is Meigs Field a sign of corruption?  From everything I've heard/read, most people(myself included) have no problem with the mayor removing Meigs.  The only people who didn't like it are whiny business exec's who now have to get a ride in from O'Hare or Midway.

I'm a whiny business exec? I never used it, I probably never will, but the peoblem I had with it is a rogue politician doing whatever he wants. Where's the checks and balances? He hardly took any heat over it.

I'm a whiny business exec? I never used it, I probably never will, but the peoblem I had with it is a rogue politician doing whatever he wants. Where's the checks and balances? He hardly took any heat over it.

He hardly took any heat over it, because nobody wanted the airport there anymore. I wouldn't let Springfield tell me how to run my city either.

Well, yes.  I never held the president responsible for the actions of some 20-year old hillbilly manly-girl.

How is Meigs Field a sign of corruption?  From everything I've heard/read, most people(myself included) have no problem with the mayor removing Meigs.  The only people who didn't like it are whiny business exec's who now have to get a ride in from O'Hare or Midway.

To be honest I don't believe Rich Daley for one second when he saids he doesn't know what is going on during a scandel. He micromanages so much of this city, yet when a $500 million contract gets into the hands of a mob figure, all of the sudden he doesn't know anything. It doesn't add up to me.

And I don't believe the Bush admin when they said they didn't know anything about Abu Grahd. It is the samething IMO.

His father taught him well. He's a chip off the ol' block.