Why trade Paul Konerko?

Guest hawaiisoxfn

Thats not true.

The pirates have practically done that-offered to basically give him to a team for a crap spec in return-no team wanted to do it.

Do the yankees need a catcher? No. Have the red sox needed a catcher? No. Have the cardinals needed a catcher? No Have the mets needed a catcher? No. These are the teams i am talking about.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6.?????-1B(I cant see us going with gload-he is like graffanino if u know what i mean, only a bench player, a long long shot i rogowski but if he comes on super strong up until the end of spring training he has a shot)

What he has down in the minors and the majors thus far is worthy of a chance to start imo and many others.

What he has down in the minors and the majors thus far is worthy of a chance to start imo and many others.

Yes, he is far and away my favorite minor leaguer, I think he is ready to play at the major league level and play well at the major league level. The problem is I doubt the wsox organization would be willing to push him that fast.

Yes, he is far and away my favorite minor leaguer, I think he is ready to play at the major league level and play well at the major league level.  The problem is I doubt the wsox organization would be willing to push him that fast.

weren't we talking about gload?

he was up in the majors all last year? Or were we rogowski? i'm confused.

Really, I mean, I am a big fan of Kendall but konerko for kendall w/ money washing out.

Konerko is better than kendall even with teh very important fact that kendall is a C.  Borchard & Garland for Kendall and 7 million of his contract per year paid by pittsburgh seems logical and reasonable for both sides.

If we trade Garland and Borchard for Kendall, now we have two holes in the rotation, and now - we have another huge contract on our hands.

And, leaving the money aspect out of it... Kendall>>>>Konerko.

Fact is, we need a more well rounded team, and while it's all well and good that Konerko crushes the ball at home, he's terrible on the road. If we can't win on the road, we won't win.

I do this deal if, like Cheat said, you can get Pittsburg to eat some off of the backend of the contract.... (and you know, throw in Oliver Perez as well ;) ).

Yeah, I hated him a lot at the time, to be honest I thought Kenny made a nice trade at the time-now it symbolizes the worst trade of his general managerial career.

I don't know how you could have possibly thought it was a good trade at the time. It was a ridiculous trade at the time and even worse now that we look back on it.