Bears Giants game thread

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to me.  Brown has been playing studly the past few weeks without Ogunleye in their.  Brown needs to be signed to a contract extension pronto.  Last I heard they were negotiating and I'm assuming the Bears still have time to sign him using some of this years cap space.

Come on and gloat Jas.. :lol: you deserve too.. :cheers

Haha, I'm not ready to gloat yet, but I will admit I was talking this game up amongst my friends and told them all to pick the Bears in the pool. All of em laughed at me, but I have faith.

I said it entering the game against San Fran, I expect the Bears to go on a winning streak through at least the Dallas game. Lets go get the Titans next week and continue to build on things and see the Bears build confidence and increase their win total one game at a time.

Its funny how quickly all of yall's attitude's had changed toward the bears in a matter of a quarter of play(mine too)

Although it still seems like a pipe dream, even when they were 1-5 i was still hoping for playoff berth. Now we are 3-5 and will probably have to go at least 6-2 over our next 8 games-one at a time boys.

IIRC, we should be getting Tillman back within the next couple weeks.  Probably two or three weeks still, but something to look forward to...

Good point, we get another couple wins and tillman comes back, we will immediately be in a good position to make a run at the playoffs.

Are Defense has to play like this all season to have any shot at all. Tillman should be back soon, and O-gun coming back is a big help. I just really excited about next season. We only have 1, yes 1 FA, and its Anthony Thomas.LOOK OUT NEXT YEAR.

If all fails this year, we will have a good shot next year.

BTW, isnt David Terrell and fa next season?

I wonder where that came from. Why is it Crow????

http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/eatcrow.htm

EATING CROW

And other indigestibles

When you have made a serious error and need to acknowledge it humbly, it is highly probable that the expression you use to describe the process has something to do with food.

The best-known traditional expression of this type in the US is to eat crow. The origin seems fairly obvious: the meat of the crow, being a carnivore, is presumably rank and extremely distasteful, and the experience is easily equated to the mental anguish of being forced to admit one’s fallibility. But you may understand that my desire for accuracy has not led me so far as trying the experiment for myself, though taking a line through rook pie, which I tried once at an over-enthusiastic historical reconstruction, it seems a reasonable assumption. We need someone like the eccentric Victorian surgeon Frank Buckland, founder of the London Acclimatisation Society—dedicated to introducing useful new plants and animals into countries where they were unknown—whose hobby was eating his way through the animal kingdom, trying out delicacies such as roast giraffe and elephant trunk soup. He once returned from holiday to find that a leopard at the London Zoo had died and been interred in a flower bed; seizing a spade, he immediately dug it up to try it. He is on record as remarking that “the very worst thing he ever ate was a mole”, but I can’t find out what he thought of crows. Volunteers to make empirical observations should form an orderly queue.

An article published in the Atlanta Constitution in 1888 claims that, towards the end of the war of 1812, an American went hunting and by accident crossed behind the British lines, where he shot a crow. He was caught by a British officer, who, complimenting him on his fine shooting, persuaded him to hand over his gun. This officer then levelled his gun and said that as a punishment the American must take a bite of the crow. The American obeyed, but when the British officer returned his gun he took his revenge by making him eat the rest of the bird. This is such an inventive novelisation of the phrase’s etymology that it seems a shame to point out that the original expression is not recorded until the 1850s, and that its original form was to eat boiled crow, whereas the story makes no mention of boiling the bird.

home_logo.jpg