Sosa for Shawn Green

My dad just woke my ass off all bitter cause all they are talking about here is a potential swap of Green and Sosa. They made it seem like it would be straight up. If it did happen, I'd have to wonder what the hell the Dodgesr are thinking.

Green isn't as good as he once was, but he has a good attitude and his contract is up at the end of the year. You can't say the same about Sosa.

I'm assuming its semi serious cause they had Green interviewed saying he wants to stay here and I guess DePodesta had some quotes.

My dad just woke my ass off all bitter cause all they are talking about here is a potential swap of Green and Sosa.  They made it seem like it would be straight up.  If it did happen, I'd have to wonder what the hell the Dodgesr are thinking.

Green isn't as good as he once was, but he has a good attitude and his contract is up at the end of the year.  You can't say the same about Sosa. 

I'm assuming its semi serious cause they had Green interviewed saying he wants to stay here and I guess DePodesta had some quotes.

I'm sure LA is looking for some star power if they lose Beltre. Sosa at this point is not a good option.

Doesn't Green really want out? I see no matter what it'll be a few guys from each side no matter where Sosa goes, but this would be the bulk of the deal IMHO.

Fox reports: "Green has stated publicly that he'd like to remain in Los Angeles". Here's their story. They also suggest that Sosa would help replace Beltre's production. Maybe they just missed the last couple years.

There HAS to be more to the deal than this.

I swear this is nothing but the media trying to create some kind of hype from a hopeless situation.

Damn Scrubbies and their owning everything. If the cubs do trade Soso I guarantee that they will have to pay at least half his contract for this year and next. Thus I still couldn't see them turning around and signing a Beltran (Which is all I read from those Scrubbie fans). I guess they could afford Maggs but then your looking at a guy who more then likely won't be able to play until near the allstar break if at all.

If Sosa is traded, his option for 2006 is automatically picked up. So he'll hav 2 not 1 more year left on his deal. Frankly, the only way the Dodgers will do this is if they can't sign one of Glaus, Beltre, Sexson or Delgado in my mind. Supossedly, DePodesta wants a big name to add to the middle of his lineup.

:headshake :puke

This trade proposal is ridiculous. Beane should drive down to Los Angeles and kick his moneyball disciple in the balls if DePodesta humors this deal.

Shawn Green has the potential to replace Sosa's (recent) power numbers in RF; in addition to his tremendous clubhouse attitude, which will nullify any notion of ripping off the "Magician" Jim Hendry.

I don't understand why organizations are buying into this possibility Sosa may just return to old form. Has anyone become aware of his declining numbers, numerous injuries, or "me-first" attitude? And of all places to bring an aging slugger, Dodger Stadium is perhaps the worst.

Sammy Sosa - OF - Cubs

Cubs GM Jim Hendry said he hasn't yet had any discussions with the Dodgers about Sammy Sosa, though he didn't rule out talking to him at the GM meetings.

Hendry won't even admit to shopping Sosa, though it seems everyone in baseball believes he is. "I'm assuming Sammy is going to be our right fielder," Hendry said. Nov. 7 - 2:30 pm et From rotoworld.

Who knows if he is telling the truth or not though.

This is all Moronotti is talking about this morning. Why would LA want such a cry baby ass clown like Soso for anyway?? They'd be better off trying to sign Beltran for that money.

Just a guess here, but maybe LA would rather commit to 2 years of that kind of money rather than 7-10 years of that kind of money?

I know I'm not alone when I say this:

Whatever it takes to keep The Sensitive Aging Shrinking Moody Bitter Cheating Gladiator in Wrigley Field is OK by me. If he's there in 2005, you CANNOT BUY that kind of entertainment!!!!

THE STRIKEOUTS!

THE HOP, FOLLOWED BY A WARNING-TRACK FLYOUT!

THE ANGRY QUOTES!!

THE DUGOUT SPATS!!

THE SALSA MUSIC....FROM A BRAND NEW BOOMBOX!!!!!

:headbang :lol: :headbang :lol:

Just a guess here, but maybe LA would rather commit to 2 years of that kind of money rather than 7-10 years of that kind of money?

I know I'm not alone when I say this:

Whatever it takes to keep The Sensitive Aging Shrinking Moody Bitter Cheating Gladiator in Wrigley Field is OK by me. If he's there in 2005, you CANNOT BUY that kind of entertainment!!!!

THE STRIKEOUTS!

THE HOP, FOLLOWED BY A WARNING-TRACK FLYOUT!

THE ANGRY QUOTES!!

THE DUGOUT SPATS!!

THE SALSA MUSIC....FROM A BRAND NEW BOOMBOX!!!!!

:headbang  :lol:  :headbang  :lol:

And don't forget Sammy crying because the bleacher bums are booing him! :snr

Even regardless they don't sign Beltran there are a lot better choices on the FA market than Soso for less than he is making for 2 years. Delgado for one. I agree though I will enjoy every moment if Soso is still with the Scrubs come next season. I want to see if he and Kerry Wood go at it for his radio being busted up. hehe

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1918811

story basically says Sosa's agent is saying he'll likely be a Cub next year. No one has contacted him about anything (which they obviously would have to due to the no trade clause and other money issues).

Also buried in this story is a line saying that the Mets won't commit to 2006, which basically kills any deal that would send him to the Mets