Cell Phone question

WhiteSoxFan1

Before I moved I planned on switching from cingular to T-Mobile--but the buyout for my contract was about $100, plus extra for the phone because I had signed up for a time deal that influenced how much my phone was. Anyway, it wasn't worth it, so I stayed with them.

I know some companies let you keep your number--I've had friends switch and keep the numbers. I would call the carrier you want to switch to and see what they offer.

^^exactly what I didnt want to hear. ;) ;)

nextel usually charges much more than everyone else, plus I think I also extended my contract when I bought my current phone, to lower the price, which they'll probably add onto.

I wanted to do this because im going on vacation soon, and I wanted a camera phone, since its the new in thing. I didnt want to spend 350 bucks on the new nextel one either, but im guessing its gonna be in the 200-300 dollar range just to get out of this contract plus add buying and setting up a plan with another company.

ehhh not good. Ill get the bad news tomorrow when I call them I guess.

also, you probably wont be able to transfer your phone book if you are switching companies.

if you were getting a new Nextel, it probably can be done, but not if you go to T-mobile, sprint, or anyone else.

as a side note...picture phones are cool, but the quality really isnt the greatest. you may want to take the 200-300 bucks you mentioned and just buy a camera.

just my 2 cents