Offer Made For Randy Johnson

redandwhite

Your relying on teenaged idiots who dont know there ass from there hand like i've stated many times.  Your just going to have to go through every page and seperate the good from the bad.

Sorry bud.

And two of those "teenaged idiots" all ready said they would relax. Think about that for a second.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your relying on teenaged idiots who dont know there ass from there hand like i've stated many times.  Your just going to have to go through every page and seperate the good from the bad.

Sorry bud.

Easy there killer, I wasn't the one who stated the Red Sox don't have a player making 35 mill.

I'm out.

Sorry bud.

Is it wise to tell an administrator how do his or her job? :huh:

In the postseason, I'd rather have the RJ-Garcia-Buehrle rotation...I thought I had mentioned that.  If you wouldn't prefer that rotation, you'd be dumb(or you might prefer Hudson-Buehrle-Garcia...either is top notch).

But you gotta get to the postseason first...that's probably the most important thing to remember.  I could see a FA brought in here and winning us 15 games easily, and then us still having Konerko at 1B offensively too. 

I just do not like Konerko and Garland plus a prospect for RJ, unless we can somehow get another decent starter in here to replace Garland(and, while it is unlikely we'd get him cheaply, I'd take Loaiza if we could get him...odds are some team will give him some kind of a multi-year deal, and we will be SOL...but I'm just using that as an example). 

Put it this way...I'd rather trade Lee and Konerko for Johnson then Konerko and Garland for Johnson.  With the first trade, we cut a little more payroll, we are still very strong pitching wise, and, quite frankly, it is a little easier to find good hitting then it is good pitching.  Also, with that second trade, because of how much we are giving Arizona for just Johnson, I could see them throwing in a player or two too.

witesoxfan, I think we're on the same page here.

We both believe that, if this team were to make the playoffs, we'd be pretty damn set - Johnson to Garcia to Buehrle is unbelievably good. However -- we gotta make it there first.

And that's where a strong bullpen comes into play. To get to the playoffs -- I don't care if you have 1-5 Roger Clemens', you need a strong bullpen. I'm confident in Marte. I'm semi-confident in Shingo. I'm iffy on Politte. Adkins and Cotts, IMHO, will be a little more reliable this year, but still not big time relievers.

If we can make this trade -- and Kenny is able to squeeze a couple more dimes outta Uncle Jerry, so we can aquire a Percival, a Jorge Julio -- then I do this deal. However, if this trade restricts us to the point where we cannot make another deal -- another deal BEFORE the season, then screw it.

Your relying on teenaged idiots who dont know there ass from there hand like i've stated many times.

I find it pretty funny you mention "teenaged idiots" and you are also a teenager yourself seeing by your profile. :rolly Hey since I'm older than you that makes you a far bigger idiot than me. :)

I find it pretty funny you mention "teenaged idiots" and you are also a teenager yourself seeing by your profile. :rolly Hey since I'm older than you that makes you a far bigger idiot than me. :)

Ace, just drop it man, no need to make the mods have to seperate this thread.

Just turned 17, yes, I'm a teenager. Although its a nonfactor because I am here to discuss baseball in a manner that is deemed civilized where your here contributing nothing but some eight year old "bazillion" jokes and sparking arguments that have been solved multiple times.

Could someone please explain the obsession with Percival?  We cannot pay what he is commanding, and his K's have dropped, and his velocity has dropped.  I think he would just be another Billy Koch. :(

Unlike Billy Koch (someone correct me if I'm wrong), Percival still has a mean changeup. Koch threw the ball -- he didn't pitch. He threw it up there as fast as he could, and that worked for a year or two...

Please explain the obsession with Percival?  We cannot pay what he is commanding, and his K's have dropped, and his velocity has dropped.  I think he would just be another Billy Koch. :(

I understand where you're coming from santo but the main difference between these two is Percival can pitch Koch can't and never was able to. Sure Troy has lost some velocity but he was absolutely dominate the 2nd half of the year, if the sox were able to sign him, I think the backend of our bullpen would be pretty dominate. I'd love to get troy but it obviously depends on how much money he's going to command.

Could someone please explain the obsession with Percival?  We cannot pay what he is commanding, and his K's have dropped, and his velocity has dropped.  I think he would just be another Billy Koch. :(

Look at Percy's numbers after he came back from his injury. I gotta say I am interested in him. I doubt the numbers would fit, but he would be a good contrast to Shingo and Damaso.

Look at Percy's numbers after he came back from his injury.  I gotta say I am interested in him.

I'd take him as well. He, or hoffman can be a significant upgrade as a balanced closer for this team. But since this team is looking for a closer that "throws hard" Percy I wouldn't mind at all.

I would prefer to bring in a guy who doesn't threaten Shingo. What kind of message would it send by bringing in another closer to a guy who was so wonderful this year? I know this is getting into the babying of athletes territory but I think the Sox should not do anything that could evolve into a closer controversy. I would be excited about a legit set-up man though.

His strikeouts have dropped immensely, but he is still hitting 96,97,98 on the radar gun believe it or not. Which is why i really cannot understand his decrease in strikeouts.