Offer Made For Randy Johnson

redandwhite

I think Clement is a far more realistic choice and would leave us with a solid starting 5.

MB

Clement

Garcia

Contreras

Garland

To me the Johnson deal stinks.  We'd lose PK and his offensive production and Garland.  While I'm not a Garland cheerleader by any stretch of the imagination losing him would leave us with that same old hole in the 5th slot and we'd be playing 5th starter roulette all season long again.

Some one finally agrees with me that this deal is beyond horrible...

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Johnson winning even 15 games with our current offense minus Konerko.

If we went by some of your logic and signed a free agent starter their is no way we could upgrade anything on offense.

However if we signed a cheaper option at SP, Lowe, Clement, Perez, Lieber, Etc. we still have some money to sign a better outfielder, untility IF, and a setup man.

Then god forbid he gets hurt, any 41 year olds have known to have aches and pains, thats 16 Mil down the toliet.

If we had the cubs or yanks payroll then I would be the first in line to see this deal get down.

But with our payroll it's not worth the gamble.

I don't see Johnson winning even 15 games with our current offense minus Konerko.

If we went by some of your logic and signed a free agent starter their is no way we could upgrade anything on offense.

However if we signed a cheaper option at SP, Lowe, Clement, Perez, Lieber, Etc. we still have some money to sign a better outfielder, untility IF, and a setup man.

Then god forbid he gets hurt, any 41 year olds have known to have aches and pains, thats 16 Mil down the toliet.

If we had the cubs or yanks payroll then I would be the first in line to see this deal get down.

Even if they did the Johnson deal AND signed a Clement type pitcher to make a solid starting 5 and put away the roulette wheel for keeps........

Anyone who thinks this much will happen will cause me to bust out my Rick James picture and say that "Cocaine's a hell of a drug".

.............they still would have to address the loss of Konerko's offensive production which would involve more money.

The Johnson deal stinks.....period.

He also didn't pitch in a launching pad or have to deal with a DH. Plus he's one year older. They start to add up.

Quit bringing the age factor into play. Or, if you're gonna use the age factor, back it up good enough. Nolan Ryan pitched well into his 40's. Roger Clemens is pitching very well at 40. And, to a lesser extent (not quite 40, but still old), Greg Maddux and Curt Schilling are pitching well at old ages.

BTW - the opposing pitcher also has to pitch at the Cell. You do know that, correct? And, when Johnson is striking out 10-15 guys per game, the Cell being a launching pad becomes much less of a factor.

FWIW, in 14 IP at Coors Field, Johnson has given up five ER -- a 3.21 ERA. Small sample size, but that's that...

One more thing...

Your argument about how Johnson wouldn't even win 15 games is an absolute joke. You make the case for Garland winning 12, potentially 16-18 -- yet Johnson wouldn't even get to 15??? That's laughable...

Get off of his knob already. You like him. We get the point -- you don't need to bang it into our heads time and time again...

I pretty much did it for him with my post that he quoted.

He quoted two sentences of yours arguing against Randy. If that's enough to justify not bringing him here, then alright.

If I quote Einstein's Theory of Relativity, should I win a Nobel Prize?

Do it Do it DO it

Thats all I got to say.

If it costs the Sox Anderson, so be it. Randy Johnson is something the Sox haven't had in ions. Its a ballsy move and its the kind of move that can bring a world series to Chicago and I'm talking about the South Side of Chicago :)

Do it Do it DO it

Thats all I got to say.

If it costs the Sox Anderson, so be it.  Randy Johnson is something the Sox haven't had in ions.  Its a ballsy move and its the kind of move that can bring a world series to Chicago and I'm talking about the South Side of Chicago :)

They better sign Clement or someone like him then or we're gonna be spinning this bad boy every 5th day all season long yet again.

Randy Johnson is not the answer if it takes away Paul Konerko. It's just not going to help. RJ plays once every 5th game. Pk doesnt.

And how could KW be so f***ing moronic. He traded away arguably one of the top 10 prospects in Jeremey Reed because B. Anderson could fill his shoes. Now he wants to trade him? Jesus H. f***ing Christ.

This organization is a joke. We will never win anything.

They better sign Clement or someone like him then or we're gonna be spinning this bad boy every 5th day all season long yet again.

If we shipped Konerko, Garland, and Anderson to Arizona for Randy AND dished out the cash to sign Clement, then I would be the happiest Sox fan here.

Do it Do it DO it

Thats all I got to say.

If it costs the Sox Anderson, so be it.  Randy Johnson is something the Sox haven't had in ions.  Its a ballsy move and its the kind of move that can bring a world series to Chicago and I'm talking about the South Side of Chicago :)

My sentiments exactly. The Sox are not going to have a top 5 payroll, so basically it comes down to catching lighting in a bottle. And frankly, the odds of getting struck by lightning are a lot better with clouds in the sky. Randy Johnson is one of the best pitchers in all of baseball, until proven otherwise. The Dbacks proved that you can win a WS on the backs of pitching. If the Sox get him at the top of the rotation, and move everyone down a notch, this team becomes an instant world series contender, no doubt about it. Forget the future, forget conservative. If Randy saids he will accept a trade here, you get him. Period.

If we shipped Konerko, Garland, and Anderson to Arizona for Randy AND dished out the cash to sign Clement, then I would be the happiest Sox fan here.

See my post above regarding the likelyhood of this happening.

Even if they did the Johnson deal AND signed a Clement type pitcher to make a solid starting 5 and put away the roulette wheel for keeps........

Anyone who thinks this much will happen will cause me to bust out my Rick James picture and say that "Cocaine's a hell of a drug".

.............they still would have to address the loss of Konerko's offensive production which would involve more money.

:lol:

Randy Johnson is not the answer if it takes away Paul Konerko.  It's just not going to help. RJ plays once every 5th game. Pk doesnt.

And how could KW be so f***ing moronic.  He traded away arguably one of the top 10 prospects in Jeremey Reed because B. Anderson could fill his shoes. Now he wants to trade him? Jesus H. f***ing Christ.

This organization is a joke. We will never win anything.

Prepare to get flamed.

Randy Johnson is not the answer if it takes away Paul Konerko.  It's just not going to help. RJ plays once every 5th game. Pk doesnt.

Randy also has the ability to be accountable for one-fifth of the White Sox victories. Konerko can't do that.

You really need to put the crack pipe down Jeckle.

Randy won 16 games for a team that won less than 60 games this past year. Do you really think the 2005 Sox offense would be as bad as the 2004 Diamondbacks' offense if we lost Konerko? :huh:

You really need to put the crack pipe down Jeckle.

Randy won 16 games for a team that won less than 60 games this past year.  Do you really think the 2005 Sox offense would be as bad as the 2004 Diamondbacks' offense if we lost Konerko?  :huh:

No they wouldnt be as bad but I dont see RJ posting a 2 something ERA with us.. hed prolly get 15 wins... but his ERA would be high