Zito and Mulder being shopped

DBAHO

Everybody is arb eligible after 3 years.  If you are a FA, the team that last had you can offer you arbitration.

Ya, that is true, but i really feel that the a's are gonna trade one of the three beceuase there is no way in hell they can afford all three.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they trade one of the big 3, but that has nothing to do with their arbitration status.

I knew that they would be arbitration eligible but for some reason i was thinking they would either be resigned or traded before arbitration came around. :bang

I didn't realize that Zito, Hudson, and Mulder were locked up for the next 5-10 years. :rolly

Who's says they're going to sign extensions with us?  Didn't Bartolo say he wanted to stayy in Chicago, but refused the largest contract for a pitcher in the history of the White Sox?

Mulder's a local boy. His first choice would be to stay at home and pitch for the team he rooted for.

With Hudson you sign him to a long term deal as soon as you trade for him.

He's an AL pitcher, and would be a huge asset to this ballclub.

Let me ask you now do you wish Colon signed that deal with us after the year he had in Anaheim? ;)

Mulder's a local boy. His first choice would be to stay at home and pitch for the team he rooted for.

With Hudson you sign him to a long term deal as soon as you trade for him.

He's an AL pitcher, and would be a huge asset to this ballclub.

Let me ask you now do you wish Colon signed that deal with us after the year he had in Anaheim?  ;)

Clearly we are happy that Bartolo didn't sign that monster of a deal, but it does set a precedent. You never know what a pitcher/player will do regardless of what they say. You can try to resign Hudson as soon as you get him, but it would be far from a guarantee. I sure as hell wouldn't sign before FA if I had the history that Hudson does with the Yankees and Red Sox potentially looking for pitching again, with the Angels and Orioles potentially coming into that also. Mulder might have grown up a Sox fan, but that was a while ago. Who knows how he feels now. Plus, that Bartolo offer was before we acquired Garcia and Contreras. I really doubt that we are going to invest more than $6 mil on 4 different pitchers assuming Hudson resigned. Again, would love to see either of those guys here for the long term, but I'm not buying it.

I think Mulder has been recently on record as implying that he's still a White Sox fan.

Personally I think Hudson or Mulder would be the best fits, but if Zito is the one being dangled I'd take him. This was one bad year and he's just 26 and signed an extra year at an affordable rate. Its the type of contract the Sox could easily take while still having money to spend in other areas.

If the A's were really interested in Konerko then send him and cash as well as a good prospect (i'd be willing to give up one of our big 3 prospects for one of the A's big 3 if necessary). I think those pitchers are all fantastic and would be well worth it.

However a Konerko package for Hudson could very well be possible the more I think about it. I think all of us under-rate Konerko's value. I would make the deal nd I know that.

What I do know is this, given the option of Hudson or Johnson I'd take the Unit. However, thats thinking just one season and not assuming what we give up. But I'd take a rotation of Hudson, Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, Garland over one of RJ, Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, Diaz.

If Hudson pays off then the Sox would obviously at least attempt to resign him. I just don't see why Oakland would take Konerko when they have Durazo and Hatty in the 1b/Dh spot. But if they wanted Konerko or Lee I'd do the deal.

The Sox could then go for someone like Jermaine Dye, who I'm really starting to like the idea of. He'd put up pretty damn good numbers at teh Cell if healthy and would be a nice short-term gap until Anderson/Sweeney are ready.

Of course it also be nice to dump Everett somewhere.