Bulls Game Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get Luol Deng in the starting lineup already? The guy had 22 points and 9 rebounds. He's our leading scorer and he's not turning the ball over much either. I have been REALLY impressed with this guy. I thought he was going to be good, but I didn't expect it this year. On the other hand, Gordon has looked awful. I love the guy's talent, but he just doesn't seem to know what to do in a pro game. Ill-advised shots and bad passes galore. He didn't pass the ball on a fastbreak when Deng was wide open. Instead, he put up a pathetic layup attempt with a guy right in his face (luckily Deng got the tip in).

Duhon definitely looked good today, he actually hit some shots. I love him as a backup because he can run an offense and play D, but if he can score some more he could be a major steal. One thing I never understood is that he was an awesome outside shooter in HS (I think he won the 3 point contest at the McDonald's All-American game. I know he was at least in it), but for some reason he could never hit them at Duke. Here's hoping he can do it.

Can we get Luol Deng in the starting lineup already? The guy had 22 points and 9 rebounds. He's our leading scorer and he's not turning the ball over much either. I have been REALLY impressed with this guy. I thought he was going to be good, but I didn't expect it this year. On the other hand, Gordon has looked awful. I love the guy's talent, but he just doesn't seem to know what to do in a pro game. Ill-advised shots and bad passes galore. He didn't pass the ball on a fastbreak when Deng was wide open. Instead, he put up a pathetic layup attempt with a guy right in his face (luckily Deng got the tip in).

Duhon definitely looked good today, he actually hit some shots. I love him as a backup because he can run an offense and play D, but if he can score some more he could be a major steal. One thing I never understood is that he was an awesome outside shooter in HS (I think he won the 3 point contest at the McDonald's All-American game. I know he was at least in it), but for some reason he could never hit them at Duke. Here's hoping he can do it.

Stacey king was saying today that maybe people should start blaming skiles for not getting curry the ball enough and not soley blame curry. I loved that line. He also said he would go with duhon starting at the point, hinrich shooting guard, deng small foward, tyson, power forward, and curry at center. I would really like that line-up because duhon can pick apart defenses really well. Would not be too comfortable with hinrich at the two guard considering his height and the fact he is not a very good shooter.

Stacey king was saying today that maybe people should start blaming skiles for not getting curry the ball enough and not soley blame curry. I loved that line. He also said he would go with duhon starting at the point, hinrich shooting guard, deng small foward, tyson, power forward, and curry at center. I would really like that line-up because duhon can pick apart defenses really well. Would not be too comfortable with hinrich at the two guard considering his height and the fact he is not a very good shooter.

And by Stacey King you mean Eddy Curry circa 1990.

Duhon did win the 3 point contest in the Mickey D's game, and was awesome during the actual game. As a UNC fan, I was terrified of him coming to Duke. He hurt himself most of the time at Duke with ill-advised shots from 25-28 feet, when he could have just shot from 21 feet for 3. Didn't help that Vitate hyped Duhon and Jay Williams as the best college backcourt in history LOL. I knew Deng would be good, figured 14 ppg good, and that Duhon could be a good role player, what I didn't expect was Deng to average almost 20 ppg so far. Not to mention how good Shaun Livingston has been also. I have always thought Livingston would end up the best player from this draft.

I do have to admit, I have always liked Duhon, he's a good guy, not cocky, he will have a nice career.

Livingston good? He's averaging 4.3 points, 2.8 assists, 2.1 rebounds, and 1.1 steals. Nice bench player, but that's not exactly superstar levels there. Quite a few turnovers considering his playing time also. I think he might be something special eventually, but he hasn't shown me a whole lot yet.

Livingston good? He's averaging 4.3 points, 2.8 assists, 2.1 rebounds, and 1.1 steals. Nice bench player, but that's not exactly superstar levels there. Quite a few turnovers considering his playing time also. I think he might be something special eventually, but he hasn't shown me a whole lot yet.

Point guard, 8 games out of high school, what do you expect?

Shaun has been solid so far. Nothing spectacular, but on ESPN yesterday I think it was, they were comparing him to Scottie Pippen. They were saying half of his turnovers have been from teammates not expecting such a good pass and it hit them in the hands or the head. I think he brings a different set of skills to the table, but Shaun does have great potential on defense. Yes I know he has a long ways to go to reach Scottie level, but I think he will be a great one.

But PLEASE don't ever forget that "organizations win championships"....

:puke

The lesson learned is this:

Do not EVER bust up your own dynasty!

Let age/complacency/bad luck/bad calls/injuries/some other team break it, but DO NOT do it yourself!!!

You might NEVER get to that point again, so ride the horse til the horse can't run no more.....

Would you do this deal?

Isiah Thomas had another conversation with Chicago Bulls GM John Paxson in recent days, and it now appears that Thomas would be willing to trade Michael Sweetney for Eddy Curry.

Thomas, the Knicks president, believes that Sweetney has a big upside, but Sweetney is a power forward while Curry is a 22-year-old, agile 6-11 center. Several executives feel that Curry will flourish once he leaves Chicago, his hometown.

The Bulls, however, are prepared to wait and see if they can field better offers for Curry.