Rumors thread

witesoxfan

how could anyone be proud of this team? you take pride in complete mediocrity?

i'm a fan, but i was born that way, no choice in the matter.

So you're only proud of them when they meet your level of expectancy..? If so.. that's interesting.

Not that you asked me, but I'll answer your question.. I'm VERY proud to be a WS fan no matter what. There is no choice in that matter.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how could anyone be proud of this team? you take pride in complete mediocrity?

i'm a fan, but i was born that way, no choice in the matter.

Right now, I'm "proud" of the fact our GM makes bold moves when nobody expects it. Yeah, they haven't exactly panned out, but we got Garcia and Contreras to watch for years now.

I'm "proud" of the fact that our name has been mentioned in some significant player rumors, and some of those rumors can quite possibly come true.

I'm "proud" of the fact our team doesn't make excuses for mistakes they make on the field. They blame themselves 99% of the time, which is how it should be.

Finally, I'm proud of the fact that our farm system isn't completely dismantled.

So you're only proud of them when they meet your level of expectancy..? If so.. that's interesting.

Not that you asked me, but I'll answer your question.. I'm VERY proud to be a WS fan no matter what. There is no choice in that matter.

can't you see the difference between being a fan of a team (and proud of it) and being proud of the team itself?

i don't see a commitment to excellence. sorry.

can't you see the difference between being a fan of a team (and proud of it) and being proud of the team itself?

i don't see a commitment to excellence. sorry.

I'm proud to be a fan no matter what.

That's what a fan is.

And you just made my point for me. :)

No he didn't, he has a valid point and you're shoving him out the door because he isn't on the same level of fandom as you. Steff as well. That's a bit arrogant, but not surprising.

I'm not sure how one can be proud of this team, especially after being the favorite to win the division for four straight years and falling on our faces every single time. Every trade that is supposed to win us the World Series cannot even buy us the Wildcard or the division crown in the weakest division in all of baseball.

Mind telling me how you're proud of that? Will you be "proud" of a 3rd place finish this year? A fan has the right to be pissed off and say he isn't proud of a team that should be a f***ing dynasty in this joke of a division. God forbid poorme doesn't possess the same amount of elitism as you do, Jesus Christ.

So the bandwagon is emptying, what's your point.

His point was that he completely debunked your point about this great run we are having as Sox fans.

I love the Sox. Always have and always will. But this ownership group is NOT committed to winning a world championship. No way, no how. The GM is trying. The manager is trying. The players are trying. But the ownership is not. If it was, we'd have something besides 25 years worth of failure.

No he didn't, he has a valid point and you're shoving him out the door because he isn't on the same level of fandom as you. Steff as well. That's a bit arrogant, but not surprising.

I'm not sure how one can be proud of this team, especially after being the favorite to win the division for four straight years and falling on our faces every single time. Every trade that is supposed to win us the World Series cannot even buy us the Wildcard or the division crown in the weakest division in all of baseball.

Mind telling me how you're proud of that? Will you be "proud" of a 3rd place finish this year? A fan has the right to be pissed off and say he isn't proud of a team that should be a f***ing dynasty in this joke of a division. God forbid poorme doesn't possess the same amount of elitism as you do, Jesus Christ.

LMAO... been saving that up for a while?

He claims his fandom as a birthright in one post, but yet he isn't proud of it. That's like disowing your dad because he doesn't make enough money at the plant. If you are going to go as far as to say you are a fan because you were born one, yet disavow your team for a third place finish, that is all I need to know.

He claims his fandom as a birthright in one post, but yet he isn't proud of it.  That's like disowing your dad because he doesn't make enough money at the plant.

more like not being proud of your deadbeat dad who walked out on your mother with three kids below the age of 5. maybe you still love him, but you're certainly not proud of him.

more like not being proud of your deadbeat dad who walked out on your mother with three kids below the age of 5. maybe you still love him, but you're certainly not proud of him.

I'm sorry, did I miss us go to a Tampa Bayesque payroll? Did we trade all of our best players away ala Pittsburgh? Did we become the Yankees farm system like the Expos?

This is getting pretty silly now.

You guys have at all the irrational bitternessand anger, I am out of this.

Excuse you... I'm not shoving anything on him or from him. He asked a question and I answered, with what is MY definition of being a "fan" and being "proud" is.

Excuse you... I'm not shoving anything on him or from him. He asked a question and I answered, with what is MY definition of being a "fan" and being "proud" is.

No, Ms. Not So Doable, excuse you.

None of us here are abdicating for people to just leave because they aren't über fans like yourself. Well, you are..:

And don't let the door hit yer ass on the way out.

poorme has insight here and you and southsider just do the proverbial administrative doubleteam on him. I bet that really showed him.

To southsider, yes that was really pent up for a while in me considering I called you merely arrogant. I could roll off a bunch of expletives and epithets describing how much of a complete ass you are, but I choose not to. Good to see you haven't changed a bit.

None of us here are abdicating for people to just leave because they aren't über fans like yourself. Well, you are..:

poorme has insight here and you and southsider just do the proverbial administrative doubleteam on him. I bet that really showed him.

To southsider, yes that was really pent up for a while in me considering I called you merely arrogant. I could roll off a bunch of expletives and epithets describing how much of a complete ass you are, but I choose not to. Good to see you haven't changed a bit.

lol. Glad to see you are still the same guy as well. best of life to ya, Cerb. :)

Nice of you to leave out the smiley on my quote. Not surprising. I have no beef with anyone's manner in which they choose to show their "fandom".

My intentions were not to "double team" poorme, and if he has an issue I hope he would say something to me himself, as I'm sure he's more than capable and not in need of your bodyguard services.

Agent John Boggs said he's received three offers -- one of at least three years -- from teams looking to sign Russ Ortiz.

Boggs is hoping to get $10 million per season for Ortiz, but there's no way that's going to happen. $24 million over three years is the best we can imagine him getting, and $21 million would be more realistic. The Diamondbacks and Nationals are known to be interested, and other candidates to sign the right-hander include the White Sox, Mariners and Cardinals.

Jose Valentin - SS - White Sox

Agent David Elston confirmed that the Red Sox are one of four teams to show significant interest in Jose Valentin.

Elston added that while the Red Sox have yet to make an offer, Valentin would like to play in Boston and is intent on signing with a contender. Nothing is expected to happen with Valentin before the Dec. 7 arbitration deadline. Dec. 1 - 1:25 am et From rotoworld.

Based on conversations with club officials, the Astros appear ready to offer a six- or seven-year deal worth around $13.5 million per season.

New York newspapers have reported that the Yankees will offer $13 million a year. The Cubs will also be serious players, but the Angels, who are believed to be Beltran's first choice, may not be interested.

http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/spo...blog/index.html