Rumors thread

witesoxfan

From rotoworld;

The Pirates and Indians are discussing a trade that would send Matt Lawton to Pittsburgh for Arthur Rhodes.

It makes sense. Lawton is owed $7.25 million in the final year of his deal, and Rhodes will make $7 million over the next two seasons. The deal would free up enough 2005 money for the Indians to keep Ronnie Belliard, and Casey Blake could move to left field to replace Lawton. Lawton would take over for Tike Redman in Pittsburgh and give the team a true leadoff hitter. Dec. 8 - 4:12 am et

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really surprising.  Is there an injury not known about?

No the Braves just couldn't afford the risk of him accepting arbitration, as they don't hav much payroll flexibility unless they can move Andruw Jones. I've heard Bora$$ wants Drew to get $50 million over 5 years, maybe more.

The Pirates and Indians are discussing a trade that would send Matt Lawton to Pittsburgh for Arthur Rhodes.

It makes sense. Lawton is owed $7.25 million in the final year of his deal, and Rhodes will make $7 million over the next two seasons. The deal would free up enough 2005 money for the Indians to keep Ronnie Belliard, and Casey Blake could move to left field to replace Lawton. Lawton would take over for Tike Redman in Pittsburgh and give the team a true leadoff hitter. Dec. 8 - 4:12 am et

Anyone else think this is a bad deal for Cleveland?

Anyone else think this is a bad deal for Cleveland?

Which is why I hope they make it.

I was at the game where Shingo blew his only save of the season because Lawton hit a 3 run homer in the top of the ninth. :angry:

Arthur Rhodes is f***ing terrible.

Why hasn't there been Odalis Perez talk? Seemed like KW was in love with him for awhile. I would have thought we'd look pretty good at him.

The more I look at his numbers, and I do admit I have some concerns, I think he could be a fantastic pickup.

Holds opponents to low averages, solid strikeout numbers, doesn't turn 28 till June. Very low WHIP (1.14 this season and two years back had a .99).

If he turns can stay healthy, he could be the bargain of FA. By health I mean if you look at his starts, he either goes pretty deep or leaves games relatively early. He had quite a few starts of 5 innings or less which is a concern.

Stuff wise he's good. Plus he's a ground ball pitcher. Gave up quite a few long balls, but his career G/F is 1.68

Was going to point out their are some reports that Nomar turned down a multi year deal with the Angels. Personally I think thats 100% BS, cause I can't see him accepting a one year deal in Chicago, rather then getting to play in Anaheim unless the Angels only offered him like 6 mil a year.

Was going to point out their are some reports that Nomar turned down a multi year deal with the Angels.  Personally I think thats 100% BS, cause I can't see him accepting a one year deal in Chicago, rather then getting to play in Anaheim unless the Angels only offered him like 6 mil a year.

The Cubs did offer $3 million in incentives on top of the base salary...

Why hasn't there been Odalis Perez talk? Seemed like KW was in love with him for awhile. I would have thought we'd look pretty good at him.

You're right steve it seemed like kenny has liked the guy for a while. The Hermanson signing came out of nowhere, think that could possibly happen with Odalis?? Who knows....I'd sure be happy with our entire pitching staff though if that were to happen.

Not saying I disagree but just curious why you think that??  Mental Makeup??

Because people on the marlins boards really don't like him since he was pretty shaky in his time there. They were saying that their number one priority should be to get someone to close. He just seems to be comfortable as a set-up man.

Don't know if anyone posted this, but I do believe it is of some importance...

ESPN (Jayson Stark) is reporting on Insider and the FA tracker that Jaret Wright has signed with the Yankees for 3 years, $21 mil. So much for that idea.

Edit- sorry, wrong thread. someone please move this to the FA resource.