Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before they consider cutting ties with him, the Twins will talk to Jacque Jones about a multiyear deal at the winter meetings.

The Twins probably won't risk going to arbitration with Jones, but if he's willing to accept around $5 million or so per season, perhaps a multiyear deal could be worked out. Jones just finished up a two-year, $7.1 million contract.

That comes from the startribune. Here's another blurb from their on Koskie

Corey Koskie is willing to take less money from the Twins, but he'll want a no-trade clause in return.

"I can't take a hit here, then get traded somewhere," he said. According to his agent, Koskie has a three-year, $16 million contract on the table from an undisclosed team. However, the third baseman might still be willing to stay in Minnesota for $9 million-$10 million over two years. That'd be a pretty good deal for the Twins.

According to the Arizona Republic's Bob McManaman, the Diamondbacks are on the verge of signing Russ Ortiz.

The Diamondbacks likely will overpay, but they can't possibly give Ortiz the $10 million he wants. He should be another pitcher making around $21 million-$24 million over three years. Dec. 9 - 8:49 pm et

HOORAY!!! :cheers

I heard on the score that they expect the Johnson/Konerko/Garland/ Vasquez trade to be done tommorrow. But we're also going to give up Brian Anderson? Why?

That only happens if the Yankees pay literally all of Vazquez's salary. And, then the trade works for the Sox because it frees up money necessary to sign...

Edgar Renteria! :snr

Posted Thursday night by Peter Gammons (I know that I should question what he says) on ESPN.com...

"And the solution White Sox GM Ken Williams figured out -- Javier Vazquez to Chicago, Paul Konerko and Jon Garland to Arizona, Randy Johnson to New York -- has apparently fallen apart, because Williams has yet to hear back."

I heard on the score that they expect the Johnson/Konerko/Garland/ Vasquez trade to be done tommorrow. But we're also going to give up Brian Anderson? Why?

those three for vazquez basically...yeah the Yankees better pay all of Javy's salary or this is an extremely stupid ass trade for the Sox.

I dunno, I'd rather just do this deal with just giving up Konerko (not Garland), and definitely not Anderson, even if it means signing someone like Renteria.

Konerko and one of our younger relievers (Adkins, Diaz, Munoz) for Vazquez, with NY eating half of the salary for the remaining years, with NY then turning around and trading Konerko + prospect to 'Zona for their prize, the Big Unit.

KW will be crucified and rightyfully so if he trades Anderson, Garland and Konerko for Javier Vazquez, whether or not the Yanks pay his whole salary, (which Selig probably won't allow) or not. Vazquez will not have good numbers at the Cell, he's a flyball pitcher, had the 3rd most flyballs in the league last season I recall. He may have good numbers on the road, if he gets his mechanics and arm back on track (Buerhle wise), but we could still be looking at a 5 ERA at the Cell, which is what Garland would put up anyways. So you're almost trading your best prospect and a 40 HR hitter for nothing.

I have an interesting rumor. The Sox have a 3 team trade with the D-Backs and the Rangers. Konerko to the D-Backs, Johnson to the Rangers, and Soriano to the Sox. What do you all think of that????

I know Johnson said he'd only play for a contender, but his options are limited if its not with New York. Texas is really up and coming and they would thrieve on having him. Yes Soriano strikes out a lot, but he still is a big time 2B.

This is all hypothetical, but what do you all think????

I have an interesting rumor.  The Sox have a 3 team trade with the D-Backs and the Rangers.  Konerko to the D-Backs, Johnson to the Rangers, and Soriano to the Sox.  What do you all think of that????

I know Johnson said he'd only play for a contender, but his options are limited if its not with New York.  Texas is really up and coming and they would thrieve on having him.  Yes Soriano strikes out a lot, but he still is a big time 2B. 

The Sox certainly would lead the league in strikeouts....

I have an interesting rumor.  The Sox have a 3 team trade with the D-Backs and the Rangers.  Konerko to the D-Backs, Johnson to the Rangers, and Soriano to the Sox.  What do you all think of that????

I know Johnson said he'd only play for a contender, but his options are limited if its not with New York.  Texas is really up and coming and they would thrieve on having him.  Yes Soriano strikes out a lot, but he still is a big time 2B. 

Meh, I think there are better routes to go.

Soriano is sort of like Dye -- both will give you some nice power, pretty solid average, but both come with the strikeouts. Not saying that I don't like the Dye signing, but we don't need anymore of those types of players. Now, Kenny's gotta find us two more things -- a leadoff hitter and another starter.

RJ said he'll only waive his no trade clause to pitch for the Yankees. End of story. And the Rangers probably won't be trading Soriano now either.

CBS-4 in Boston is reporting that Pedro Martinez and the Red Sox will finalize a three-year, $40 million contract within the next 24-48 hours.

It's still a rumor at this point, but ESPN's Peter Gammons is also reporting that the deal is close. Dec. 9 - 11:38 pm et