Rumors thread

witesoxfan

Well I can't blame the Tiggies for not being persistent. :lol:

The Tigers hade made offers to free agents J.D. Drew, Derek Lowe and Corey Koskie.

It's believed the offer to Drew is worth $36 million over four years. It will probably take a five-year, $50 million contract to sign him. Dec. 12 - 4:37 am et

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really hate to trade Brandon McCarthy right now.

I think, based on his high K rate and his high K/BB rate, that he has the potential to be a #1 starter of the Mike Mussina with the Orioles mold. Clearly not worth a year of Hudson.

There's no question, however, that B-Mac's HR rate scares the bejeezus out of me. Home runs kill the value of a pitcher, and US Cellular ain't the place to pitch if people are centering the ball.

Next year at AA Birmingham will be a HUGE test for McCarthy. If he can continue his K/9 and K/BB performance and keep his home run totals down, I think that we've got ourselves a #1 starter. Not worth a year of Hudson at all.

I think, based on his high K rate and his high K/BB rate, that he has the potential to be a #1 starter of the Mike Mussina with the Orioles mold.  Clearly not worth a year of Hudson.

There's no question, however, that B-Mac's HR rate scares the bejeezus out of me.  Home runs kill the value of a pitcher, and US Cellular ain't the place to pitch if people are centering the ball.

Next year at AA Birmingham will be a HUGE test for McCarthy.  If he can continue his K/9 and K/BB performance and keep his home run totals down, I think that we've got ourselves a #1 starter.  Not worth a year of Hudson at all.

If that one year of Hudson ends with a silver and black pile of celebrating ballplayers at US Cellular Field, then it's worth it. Lovely thought ain't it? :D

If that one year of Hudson ends with a silver and black pile of celebrating ballplayers at US Cellular Field, then it's worth it.  Lovely thought ain't it?  :D

No question, but I currently calculate that:

Probability of 2005 pile of celebrating Sox players (with Hudson)

Hudson going to the top of the rotation would put the Sox as favorites for the AL Central. But we'd still be a longshot to go to the World Series given the relative strength of other team's lineups in the AL.

(Actually, the more I think about it, the Hudson-Buehrle-Garcia-Contreras-Garland rotation looks amazingly strong).

Is the Hudson to LA deal done? I've had a "troll" around other boards, and A's fans say it's completed. LA certainly did well if it's true.

Billy - What were you thinking? :bang

For what it's worth the ESPN Radio update has said nothing about the trade.... only MLB thing was Pavano to the Yankees for 4 years at 39m

To be honest I don't think you'll find many outside of this very board who would take B-Mac over Edwin Jackson. Nothing against Mac but Edwin is supposed to be a stud. Next, you won't find a more electrifying arm than aj. I anticipate a full year of health from him. Javy would be pretty good in florida with their spacious set-up.

To be honest I don't think you'll find many outside of this very board who would take B-Mac over Edwin Jackson. Nothing against Mac but Edwin is supposed to be a stud. Next, you won't find a more electrifying arm than aj. I anticipate a full year of health from him. Javy would be pretty good in florida with their spacious set-up.

People like Jackson with "great" arms but arm troubles coming up tend to be injury plagued their whole careers...look at Jaret Wright - six years of goshawful performance after coming up with Jackson hype.

I don't make that trade if I'm Beane. Jackson is a huge risk, even if he's closer to the majors.

I think, based on his high K rate and his high K/BB rate, that he has the potential to be a #1 starter of the Mike Mussina with the Orioles mold.  Clearly not worth a year of Hudson.

There's no question, however, that B-Mac's HR rate scares the bejeezus out of me.  Home runs kill the value of a pitcher, and US Cellular ain't the place to pitch if people are centering the ball.

Next year at AA Birmingham will be a HUGE test for McCarthy.  If he can continue his K/9 and K/BB performance and keep his home run totals down, I think that we've got ourselves a #1 starter.  Not worth a year of Hudson at all.

Bmac is the one prospect I'd really like to hang on to, however if you can use him to get Huddy I'd pack Brandon's bags for him. Our rotation would be absolutely nasty and if then we were able to get to the playoffs and throw huddy, buehrle and freddy out there we'd have a great shot at winning the whole damn thing, jmo.

i think i speak for more people then just myself... but proper grammer isnt the first thing on your mind when you are typing at about 60+ WPM on a blog of a msg board about a baseball team... this isnt a physics thesis or anything like that  :nono

proper grammer or grammar? Guess spelling isn't important either, huh?

;)

His HR rate will stay low if he pitches in Birmingham, but that could be deceiving.

HR's aren't all that bad if there is no one on base when they are hit. Low walk totals can help a pitcher overcome giving up a few extra dingers. We'll see if that is how it plays out for Brandon..... or is it Adam??

another deal that is "supossedly" close to happening: vazquez + cash for burnett

Would this make it more likely or less likely for the Yankees to get Johnson?? I cantake it as they want to keep Burnett because he's young and damn good or they can spin Aj as part of a Rj deal.

Would this make it more likely or less likely for the Yankees to get Johnson??  I cantake it as they want to keep Burnett because he's young and damn good or they can spin Aj as part of a Rj deal.

i would assume that it would make it MORE likeyl that they would trade burnett for RJ. burnett makes less money so the dbacks would be more likely to want him. i

The Giants are going after Mike Matheny because A.J. Pierzynski is asking for too much in a multiyear deal.

GM Brian Sabean has no interest in going to arbitration with Pierzynski. A modest two- or three-year deal is more to the Giants' liking. If Pierzynski continues to ask for too much, he'll be traded or non-tendered. Dec. 12 - 2:25 pm et

Source: San Francisco Chronicle