Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mariners' offer for Adrian Beltre is worth $62 million over five years, the Tacoma News Tribune reports.

Beltre reportedly wants a seven-year, $90 million contract. Both the Dodgers and Mariners seem to be growing increasingly frustrated with agent Scott Boras, who has little interest in getting a deal done anytime soon. Dec. 12 - 2:58 pm et

Source: Tacoma News Tribune

Way too much money for a one year wonder. :headshake

According to ESPN's Peter Gammons, Toronto could have Corey Koskie signed this afternoon.

It's going to be a three-year deal worth about $17 million. Dec. 12 - 3:04 pm et

Free agent Steve Kline ranks right behind Corey Koskie and Matt Clement as a priority for the Blue Jays.

With the Yankees and Red Sox deciding to go in different directions, the market for Kline hasn't been nearly as strong as expected. That may change after the teams that fail to land quality starters decide to spend their money elsewhere. Dec. 12 - 3:01 pm et

Source: Toronto Star

Jason, get off the drugs.  There is NO way a GM would or should make such a trade unless they KNOW they can re-sign Hudson.

Why not. If you know his price is about 12 mill a year and if KW gets the approval to make such and offer I see no reason why not.

Hudson is an absolute ace. I love BMac and would absolutely hate dealing him, but I am confident the Sox could reup with Hudson (JR would have to approve giving big money to him prior to making the deal).

Hudson also gives the Sox an absolutely KILLER rotation. All I know is the Sox can do better then Jackson/Perez. Thats an awful trade from the A's perspective, I don't care what anyone tells me.

A pitcher of Hudson's ability is not a guy you give up for one upper echelon pitching prospect.

i think i speak for more people then just myself... but proper grammer isnt the first thing on your mind when you are typing at about 60+ WPM on a blog of a msg board about a baseball team... this isnt a physics thesis or anything like that  :nono

Easy tiger.

Chisoxfn's grammar is a running joke at Soxtalk. ;)

Why not.  If you know his price is about 12 mill a year and if KW gets the approval to make such and offer I see no reason why not.

Hudson is an absolute ace.  I love BMac and would absolutely hate dealing him, but I am confident the Sox could reup with Hudson (JR would have to approve giving big money to him prior to making the deal). 

Hudson also gives the Sox an absolutely KILLER rotation.  All I know is the Sox can do better then Jackson/Perez.  Thats an awful trade from the A's perspective, I don't care what anyone tells me.

A pitcher of Hudson's ability is not a guy you give up for one upper echelon pitching prospect.

12 million a year for Hudson would be a steal.Gammons said Clement will probably sign with the Angels for $9 million a year.

Don't know how much truth there is to this, but on the Dodgers board someone posted that Gammons was on ESPNEWS saying the Angels were close to signing Clement to a 3 year $27 million deal (SAME AS GARCIA.)

Talk about overpaying :headshake

When you have the money you can over pay anytime you want. What dodger board you talking about?

I disagree in the sense that I think Clement is one of the better pitchers out there.  I'm a huge Clement fan and he's going to be a good AL pitcher or NL pitcher. 

He's on the brink of turning a corner too and with the Angels offense things should pick up for him.

With the angels offense i think 18 games is a possibility for him to win.