Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the CWS do what I want then I like the Lee trade. :D The trade in my mind is Pods+Luis+Perez+Cairo+PTBNL for C Lee. That's a damn good trade!

Odaliz Perez tailed off a little last year but still put up solid numbers. He was rumored a lot in CWS trades last year & with a price drop makes sense for the CWS. I believe both Cairo & Perez can be had for what they saved in the Lee trade. Cairo is not great but he is a much more accomplished 2B than Harris. He provides great insurance & competition for Harris at 2B.

The minimal requirement for a team to win consistently is to maintain a team OPS of 750+ OPS every month & a team era in the high 3's/low 4's every month. If KW can put together that kind of team they should win the ALC. Having not won the div in 4 yrs, that should be the first & primary goal for the team.

Cairo & Perez help mold the SOX into that kind of team. Cairo has far better consistency than Harris at the plate & is less error-prone with the glove as well. Of course Harris has a far better upside potential but we've been saying that for years.

That would bring the CWS payroll up to 70M & I think the team owe's the fans that much. If 70M builds you an expected division crown then that's what you should spend.

Looking beyond just a division crown, the SOX need to address their biggest weakness: C. T Green's #'s are impressive & should be signable for less than CJ or AJP prices. He only made 550K last year. COL has offered arbit, so Green would cost a draft pick.

I'll add the stats for these 3 later. Other names rumored for the SOX: Matt Clement - Matt will have to choose betw money & home. He enjoys Chicago. I think the SOX will go as high as 7/8M a yr, but the BOSOX are now bidding as well. Slim chance.

K Millwood - He had a 4.85 era for 11M last yr. No thank you. E. Milton - He had a 4.75 era for 9M last yr. No thank you. PHI did not offer them arbit. D. Lowe - He had a 5.42 era for 5M last yr. BOS offered arbit. I don't see Lowe passing up arbit for anything less than 10/2 yr.

If you're going to spend that kind of money on a SP go with the least risk, least cost, best gain: O Perez. He will cost you a draft pick but that's going to the LAD & not the CHC.

Hudson has been mentioned in a possible 3 way with Chicago. Garland to OAK, Vazquez to CWS, & Hudson to NYY. There's a few other players but those are the big names. I don't see any sense in doing this when Perez can be signed thru FA.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/hot...s&teamPosCode=4

This is a good link to keep track of FAs.

My CWS Christmas list. :santa better not dissapoint me :ph34r:

Odaliz Perez - LHSP, 5M 3.25 era. LAD offered arbit.

VS. LEFT: .277 / .801 VS. RIGHT: .241 / .680 HOME: .238 / .681 AWAY: .259 / .732

Features a low 90's fastball-slider with a solid changeup & curve. He keeps the ball down most of the time. He's easy to run on, but I think Ozzie can help him there.

A better than average defender. He was healthy last yr & threw 196+ inn.

Todd Greene - RHC, 600K, COL offered arbit. 282BA, 10HR, 35RBI

VS. LEFT: .366 / 1.155 VS. RIGHT: .234 / .646 HOME: .299 / .915 AWAY: .261 / .733

I'm just looking for an improvement over Davis & Burke & this guy is clearly it.

Should be signable for a few million a year. About 1/2 the price of AJP or a CJ.

Miguel Cairo - RH2B, 900K, NYY declined arbit. 292BA, 6HR, 42RBI

VS. LEFT: .336 / .822 VS. RIGHT: .267 / .730 HOME: .319 / .836 AWAY: .262 / .682

Again I'm just looking for an improvement over Harris & this guy is it.

Should be signable for a million a yr. About a 1/4th of the price of Polanco.

A good fastball hitter w decent speed, good range, & good instincts. His versatility makes him a good choice for a utility player in both the IF & OF.

Rotation: Buerhle, Garcia, Perez, Contreras, Garland

Bullpen : Schow/Adkins/young-gun, Politte, Vizcaino, Hermannson, Marte, Shingo

Lineup : Pods, Uribe, Thomas, Koney, Dye, Rowand, Crede, Greene, Harris.

Bench : Davis, Cairo, Everett, Gload, Burke/Sweeney

Cairo is a perfect fit for the utility guy, Gload can play 1B or RF, so the SOX can either go with 3 C's or another backup OF. Given the weakness in their C depth they might be best off going with 3 C's.

I think this team can win the ALC & compete in the post-season. To be a favorite to win in the post-season you probably need to replace Harris with Polanco & Garland with Vasquez. Those deals are possible but it would boost the payroll to the mid-high 70 range. That's heart attack territory for JR :D

The RJ deal is falling apart. Both LAD & AZD want NYY to throw in more cash.

LAD lost Beltre the the M's tonight. Beltre signed a 65/5 deal with the M's.

The M's recently signed Sexson to a 50/4 deal as well.

This may cause LAD to re-think trading S Green who has vocally said he's not interested in a trade & has no intention of waiving his no trade clause.

The RJ deal is falling apart.  Both LAD & AZD want NYY to throw in more cash.

LAD lost Beltre the the M's tonight.  Beltre signed a 65/5 deal with the M's.

The M's recently signed Sexson to a 50/4 deal as well.

This may cause LAD to re-think trading S Green who has vocally said he's not interested in a trade & has no intention of waiving his no trade clause.

sources? because kurkjian on ESPN said that this trade is still probably gonna go down