Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mariners have Adrian Beltre working to recruit Odalis Perez to Seattle.

It's believed Seattle has made an offer to Perez, and Odalis is considering the Mariners. "It's definitely a possibility," agent Fern Cuza said. "I know beefing up the offense was their first priority, so we'll see what happens. Odalis definitely has interest." Dec. 21 - 4:11 am et

I would try around $5 million for AJ.

Pierzynski could have gotten $5 million if a team just claimed him when he was waived, so then he would go to arbitration. He'll probably sign a deal with a little more salary than what Damian Miller got.

As reported in the LA Times this week:

Dodgers fans are livid over the RJ trade & it is believed that the reaction of ticket holders is what's holding up the trade. The LAD are now less likely to do this trade unless they can announce a major signing at the same time: Drew or Lowe.

Most fans continue to contact the LAD with words of "cheapskate" & "ripoff" thrown about. What they seem most upset about is that LAD are sending both RJ & Ishii & 3 MIL in cash to NYY for Vazquez, an MR, & prospects.

In the words of one fan, LAD does not need the NYY to shave off Green's salary.

They can deal directly with ARZ. They should be discussing a contract extension with RJ himself. If you look at the 10 player trade it's hard to argue with that. ARZ does not receive any NY players in the trade so why isn't LAD dealing directly with ARZ?

LAD were a playoff team in 2004. The fan base expects them to improve upon that.

Signing RJ would be such an improvement.

I am beginning to believe this trade is going to collapse without major NYY $'s coming to rescue it. I think the LAD made this trade with a strong belief they would be able to spin off Vazquez on some other team. That is becoming much less likely right now. When you look at a CWS involvement the trade doesn't look nearly as bad for the LAD:

LAD <- Garland, Marte, Konerko

CWS -> Vazquez + prospects

Looking at it through those glasses, the LAD move Green & Ishii & prospects

for a # 3/4 starter, proven LH RP, & solid hitting/above avg glove 1B.

That's not a bad trade, because those 3 fit under the price the LAD owed Green & what they were expected to pay the NYY for Ishii.

But that's been squashed like a bug now, & I don't see the LAD pulling the trigger on this until a CWS like trade is found.

Things will open up after Jan 8. I believe that's the last day teams have to work out a deal with a player they offered arbitration to.

The Angels signed Cabrerra to a 32/4 yr deal. It was a banner year for above average to good SS. All of them with the exception of Nomar signing better than expected deals.

The CWS still has prominent holes to fill at 5th starter, C, & utility bench player.

They've declined arbitration to Schow & Davis. Williams must be trying to work something to fill those holes.

It's the little signings that are killing me!

I just read the NYY's inked Tony Womack to a 4M/2 deal to be their starting 2B.

Hello? Is there anybody awake at the CWS front office? This guy is good enough to start for the NYY at a very reasonable price but not good enough for the CWS?

Did KW even bother to call his agent?

For those not paying attention Womack hit 307 last yr. Right now I don't see one CWS player hitting over 300 in 2005. If that doesn't convince you try this:

Womack Monthly OPS: 925, 551, 833, 731, 731, 653

W Harris Monthly OPS: 623, 877, 513, 562, 726, 586

I definitely think that's a justifiable upgrade for a cost of 2M/yr! :angry:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1950729

The never-ending trade ....

ARZ -> RJ + Koplove to LAD

LAD -> Green, Penny, Brazo, Weed to ARZ

LAD -> RJ + Ishii + 3M to NYY

NYY -> MLer Vazquez, + mler's Navarro ©, Duncan (3B) to LAD

Green has yet to waive his no-trade clause or express any desire to play for ARZ.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1950463

DePodesta: "We're holding it up. As a stand-alone, it's not helping our major league team. Other moves would have to be simultaneous. You don't make a deal like this and be left naked." :D

Any word on who the "Mystery" 4th team is?? Is it really the Sox?

Thats not what Jas meant.

He meant that "fourth team" is in fact JD Drew. The Dodgers are looking to pull the trigger if they can get Drew to sign. So, I suppose there really isn't a fourth "team," just a fourth player.

Thats not what Jas meant.

He meant that "fourth team" is in fact JD Drew.  The Dodgers are looking to pull the trigger if they can get Drew to sign.  So, I suppose there really isn't a fourth "team," just a fourth player.

Well I think submitting the papers is "pulling the trigger" (unless someone knows of a way they can still back out) so I hope Drew is all but signed

The White Sox have strong interest in right-hander Javier Vazquez, who would move from the Yankees to the Dodgers as part of the Johnson trade. But Williams summarily dismissed the reported deal that would send Paul Konerko, Damaso Marte and Jon Garland to Los Angeles in exchange for Vazquez.

Looks like KW still wants him

Well I think submitting the papers is "pulling the trigger" (unless someone knows of a way they can still back out) so I hope Drew is all but signed

Submitting the papers is not the same as pulling the trigger.

It's just a requirement by the commissioner's office because LAD is sending 3M to the NYY. As dumb & as ridiculous as that sounds. If you send more than 1M to a team in a trade you must submit paperwork to Selig's office.

That being said once you put players out there if you don't pull the trigger it can seriously upset the chemistry of the club. In this case, however; I don't think that will be the case. Green can easily shut this trade down & no one will question his reason for doing so. He'd rather play for the 1st place LAD than the last place AZD.

This is interesting as well. Ishii signed a 12.3/4 deal with LAD in 2002. The LAD owes him 5.4 mil on it. The are paying the NYY 3M to take him off their hands.

Ishii had a partial no-trade clause. Each year he could list 10 teams that he did not want to be traded to. I'm sure the NYY weren't one of them.

I just find the LA GM's words hilarious: "You don't make a deal like this and be left naked." How does he think that reflects on Vaquez, Koplove, & the rest of the team if he should be stuck with them? KW is definitely not the worst GM in the league.

I don't even think a JD Drew signing could repair that.