Rumors thread

witesoxfan

Is there any way we can get Gordon with Vazquez?  Maybe if the Yankees don't give us as much money for Vazquez. :huh

I just don't know why the Dbcaks would do it. At that point they would have to be getting a very strong package, obviously Konerko and Garland but even then I don't know if I'd make that deal if I were the Dbacks.

I just can't see the Dbcaks going with Glaus and Konerko when they have Tracy their. Tracy is a damn good 3rd base prospect.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gammons had a rumor that Washburn may be non-tendered by Anaheim.  I don't know about you guys but this would be at least an intriguing name to look at. 

Also he said Scho would be non tendered.

No surprise that Scho is being nontendered. If they are serious about having a solid 5 man rotation, then Scho is out, especially because of his attitude towards relieving. He can go start for a team like Pittsburgh, where he will actually make the rotation.

Angels looking to make a splash. Gammons reports they have decided to take Cabrerra over Renteria. I'm assuming he means thats who they will target.

Either way, If the Angels offer him a fair deal, he'll go and play with Vladdy, no doubt about it.

Then he said the Angels will go after Beltran and after those two moves they will look into pitching. Plus the Angels are potentially going to non-tender Washburn.

So I'm gonna play a little role of reading between the lines. McPherson is their starting 3rd baseman, Cabrerra at SS, Eck or Figgs at 2nd and their outfield is full with Davannon on the bench and Erstie at first.

I ask you this, would the Sox not be a good fit for the Angels. Its no secret the Angels would move Erstad if given the opportunity. The Angels also seem to of fallen out of favor with Casey Kochman.

What about a package involving Konerko for Erstad and Kochman. Or a bigger package involving Konerko and Garland for Erstad, Kochman, Figgins and Brandon Donnelly.

I think either package could be do-able, especially if the Sox lock up Wright. They could then look at adding another pitcher, but would have almost no worries in terms of positions. They would have a top of the order in Figgins/Erstad, a reliever in Donnelly and a stud 1st base prospect in Kochman.

The Angels save some money and add a pitcher while they still go out and sign Pavano. They get a power bat in the infield which they want and unload Erstads contract (which if I recall goes another year and money wise its pretty much equal to Konerko's).

The Sox then have money to sign Wright and then pick up another starter via free agency as well. Plus they have the option of signing Pyrz potentially and getting a RFer. They could even decide to play Erstad in the outfield (even though I'm not a proponent of it) and use Kochman at 1st.

Kochman could play early in the season while Frank is out and then work his way to get ready for the following season or be packaged elsewhere cause he has some legit value.

I know this type of deal isn't going to happen, but both teams have some parts that match up.

I'd still offer Scho arb.  I couldn't see him getting much and I still think he's a valuable arm to have, especially if the Sox haven't or aren't close to landing a pitcher or two cause its obvious they need some pitching.

Pbththbthbth!!! Only if he can handle being a spot starter/long reliever. I say NO to SCHO!!!

I would be we'd have to take Eck over Figgins. Figgins is cheaper and can play IF AND OF. I would LOVE to have Figgins/Donnelly/Kotchman, though. Erstad would be ok...we know KW has a hard-on for him. IF this happened...where would Gload go?

I would be we'd have to take Eck over Figgins.  Figgins is cheaper and can play IF AND OF.  I would LOVE to have Figgins/Donnelly/Kotchman, though.  Erstad would be ok...we know KW has a hard-on for him.  IF this happened...where would Gload go?

Not sure, I think that type of deal would leave a 2nd deal in the works where the Sox could fill another hole or two.

Just throwing it out their and I don't expect the Angels to make a deal of that magnitude via trade. But some of those guys would be available.

I could see the smaller of the deals working though. Hell, I could even see a Figgins and Kochman for Konerko type swap with Konerko DH'ing. I don't know if the Angels would do it soley for the cash purposes but part of it makes sense.

We may get Vazquez and Wright for the same price as PK and JG, but we are signing Wright as a FA.  We better get more than Vazquez for PK and JG in a trade.

Maybe $ comes the Sox way. Vazquez with the Yankees picking up a lot of the tab, at $4-5 million a year, is a huge steal. It would possibly leave money to pick up a good middle infielder and a RF replacement for Maggs.

who else is in the Renteria race?  If Angels go for Cabrera (cheaper saves more $$ for Beltran) and Cubs resigning Nomar.... that leaves Red Sox and St. Louis, anyone else think of teams who he has been linked with?

If ANA gets Cabrera -- Boston will sign Valentin and Polanco -- and St. Louis will get Reteria -- We will be on the outside looking in.

If Boston gets cabrera --St. Loius will get Polanco, and possible renteria still, depending on ANA/our offer to Renteria

If ANA gets Cabrera -- Boston will sign Valentin and Polanco -- and St. Louis will get Reteria -- We will be on the outside looking in.

If Boston gets cabrera --St. Loius will get Polanco, and possible renteria still, depending on ANA/our offer to Renteria

At this point I don't even think we're in the Renteria race. Unless this is the move that KW is "flying under the radar" on, I don't think the White Sox will even make him an offer.

I see the first suggestion you made happening. Because hanley ramirez should supposedly be ready for 2006.

Tigers declined to offer arbitration to RHP Esteban Yan and RHP Al Levine.

Yan had a career-best 3.83 ERA for the Tigers last season. Since he's likely to come fairly cheap, he'll be pursued by several teams. Dec. 7 - 4:03 pm et

Your thoughts?

Cairo eh? Per Rotoworld:

Yankees declined to offer arbitration to second baseman Miguel Cairo.

The Yankees tried to re-sign Cairo, but talks broke down at the end. He could end up as a starter for the Cardinals or White Sox, and several teams will be interested in him as a utilityman.