Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm assuming he'd be non tendered and would get a good amount less.  In arbitration he'd likely get more compared to what he'd get on the open market. 

I'd say anywhere from 1.5-2.5 million a year, more likely on the higher side.

If we signed Chacon though are we thinking 5th starter or reliever? :huh

I know he strikes out alot, but how about this guy for 2B or Util player next season:

Contrary to Internet rumors, the Red Sox are not close to signing Mark Bellhorn to a multiyear contract. In fact, the team has had no negotiations with the second baseman since the end of the World Series but plans to do so after the free agent madness dies down.

I know he strikes out alot, but how about this guy for 2B or Util player next season:

I think the key phrase is "multiyear" -- I think the Red Sox have him under contract for next year, but they're looking into extending his contract a couple years.

Edit -- Maybe I'm wrong on this, I can't tell. He's listed as a fa on some sites (including the "Resource" thread here), but not others, and he's not on the mlb.com "Free Agent Tracker" -- can someone who knows what they're talking about clarify Bellhorn's situation?

Randy Johnson: Trade Talks Moving Forward

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Update: Diamondbacks GM Joe Garagiola discussed Johnson's no-trade clause with his agents in a Wednesday telecon, but no decisions were made public, the Arizona Republic reports.

Recommendation: According to the report, Garagiola told Johnson's agents which teams had expressed interest in The Big Unit at last week's GM meetings. It's believed that list includes the Yankees, Angels, White Sox and Cardinals. Johnson and Garagiola are both expected to attend a charity golf tournament in the Phoenix area on Friday, and it could be there where Johnson tells the D-Backs' GM which teams he'd waive his no-trade clause for.

Well Rotoworld's NL Team predictions just came out a few days ago:

San Francisco Giants

Projected Lineup

2B Ray Durham

1B J.T. Snow

3B Pedro Feliz

LF Barry Bonds

RF Carlos Lee

CF Marquis Grissom

C Charles Johnson/Yorvit Torrealba

SS Deivi Cruz

Projected Rotation

RHP Jason Schmidt

LHP Kirk Rueter

RHP Brett Tomko

LHP Noah Lowry

RHP Jesse Foppert/LHP Darren Oliver

Projected Bullpen

RHP Troy Percival

LHP Damaso Marte

RHP Jim Brower

RHP Matt Herges

It’s possible that the Giants will just sign Moises Alou to play right field, but trading Jerome Williams and Pierzynski to the White Sox for Carlos Lee and Damaso Marte would fill a couple of holes. 

That's one HORRIBLE trade idea.

I really don't see the Angels being able to afford him. They are pushing hard for Nomar or Cabrera along with another starter like Russ Ortiz or Paul Byrd and Mike Myers for the pen. Remember all the money they spent last offseason on Vlad, Colon and Escobar.

No more ortiz and appier helps them out quite a bit i would say. That is 15 million that they have right there.

No more ortiz and appier helps them out quite a bit i would say. That is 15 million that they have right there.

Ortiz - 4

Appier - 12.5

Sele - 8

Percival - 6

Glaus - 8

The salaries may even be a little higher. Thats 38.5 million that won't be on next years payroll, which explains why Gammons says the Angels have about 35-45 million to spend, depending on whether Moreno wants to up payroll a bit more or not.

I would not be surprised at all if Beltran ended up in Anaheim. In fact, that's where I think he'll end up, not in NY. From the what he has said, he does not want to play in NY...something about too much pressure or something like that.

They do still have enough though to get RJ. Build a package around Shields and Kotchman and you are almost there already.

I would not be surprised at all if Beltran ended up in Anaheim.  In fact, that's where I think he'll end up, not in NY.  From the what he has said, he does not want to play in NY...something about too much pressure or something like that.

They do still have enough though to get RJ.  Build a package around Shields and Kotchman and you are almost there already.

agreed... if they get beltran, they can move guillen to fill other holes. If they don't get Beltran, I can see them flipping Guillen for Carlos Lee.

Varitek is looking for 5 years, $55 million and a no trade clause.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1924536

What team is going to give him that type of deal, considering

a - He's 32 years old

b - His road numbers outside of Fenway weren't all that crash - hot.

c - Pudge only got a 4 year $40 mill deal the year before and was represented by the same agent.

What team is going to give him that type of deal, considering

a - He's 32 years old

b - His road numbers outside of Fenway weren't all that crash - hot.

c - Pudge only got a 4 year $40 mill deal the year before and was represented by the same agent.

If teams hold out long enough they should be able to get 10 million of of that. Still eight million a year is a lot for him and five years is two years to many.