Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no

Frank got hit by a pitch against him in KC, and then on the Sox homestand the next week (the series where the asshole cub fan ran onto the field) he hit him again, and Frank went nuts. The benches cleared, but Frank's eyes were huge, and he was SCREAMING at Asencio. Asencio also threw 16 straight balls against us in his MLB debut in April 2002, and was drafted by the Sox back in 1998.

DTsFRjDi.jpg

I was pushing for Mackwoiak the last couple of seasons. He's a local boy with a lot of talent and a love for the Chicago White Sox.

What makes him so valuable is his versitility. He can play 2B, 3B, and OF. I would love to see him split some time with Crede if he falters early on. It would create some competition at the position and I think both players could benefit from it. I like this guy a lot. Maybe Kenny will take a look.

The Brewers will try to avoid arbitration with Ben Sheets by agreeing to a one-year deal before trying to hammer out a multiyear contract with the right-hander in the spring. The team will want Sheets to show he's fully recovered from back surgery before they attempt to sign him to a three-year deal. Contrary to what Peter Gammons keeps repeating, Sheets is not eligible for free agency until following the 2006 season. He's not likely to become available in trade talks in July. Dec. 19 - 3:31 am et

Hopefully this will end the trade for ben sheet stalk. ;)

There is no way the owner-in-waiting for the Brewers is going to let Sheets get away.

I am not dissapointed in the Red Sox signing Clement for 25.5/3. Moronoti might think 8M is nothing but it's not nothing to the CWS. Contrary to what Moronoti believes a team that struggles to draw 2M in attendance every year is not going to be able to afford an 80M payroll. Especially when your most marketable player right now is an aging borderline HOF candidate in Thomas. That's reality.

Again I believe Clement will struggle in the AL. I don't see anything in his numbers that make me believe otherwise. The fact the Scrubs let him go should really upset Scrub fans. He was well accustomed to the teams in the NLC & had proven success in the division. What is real is that the Scrubs just let their most consistent established pitcher go to the World Champions. Enjoy the draft pick you cheap bastards!

I think the CWS will have success against him when they play BOS so it's all good for the CWS. Again Moronoti attacks the CWS for not offering Vizquel 13/3. He's stupidity does not shock me. Age matters for IFers. See R Alomar, see O Vizquel. I will be surprised if he avg's better than 250/15/75 over that contract.

As for the RJ deal it is NOT a done deal. The NY press has Green waiving his no-trade clause. The LA press says Green has not done that. This 10 player 3-team block buster trade hangs on Green's decision. All the other pc's are in play. RJ has waived his clause to go to NY & is already working terms of an extension. The other 8 players of which 5 are prospects & are established players are set. As is the $ considerations. But if Green says no, the trade's dead.

When you think about it in those terms the Lee trade looks worse. Vazquez for Lee + Garland is a better trade than Pods+Luiz+PTBNL. Period. If Green says no, the CWs can still get this trade done with those 2 players. Lee goes to AZ & Garland stays with LAD. Vazquez goes to CWS. Green stays put. That's a trade that could be done & I even believe the NYY would be willing to part with some cash to help pay Vazquez salary for the CWS. But now that trade is just fantasy because Williams already pulled the trigger. A trigger he didn't have to pull because Pods+Luis+PTBNL weren't going anywhere.

The 10 player trade is contingent upon Green + RJ waiving their no-trade clauses.

Both the NYY & AZD will have 72 hours after Selig approves the trade to convince RJ & Green to do just that. Green is far more reluctant to do than RJ. Both will seek contract extensions in that effort.

LAD: Vazquez(NYY), Navarro(NYY), Duncan(NYY) + cash(NYY)

NYY: RJ(ARD), PTBNL(ARD), Ishi(LAD)

ARD: Green(LAD), Penny(LAD), Brazoban(LAD), PTBNL(LAD)

Why are the LAD doing this trade? They are giving up 4 proven ML'ers, for Vazquez, 2 prospects, & cash. That's insane. Why don't they just trade directly with the ARD & secure RJ themselves?

Why didn't KW trade for either Hudson or Mulder? Did you see the price the Braves & Cards paid to secure these guys? All ml'ers! These are the kind of trades the CWS could have pulled off & should have pulled off. Especially Mulder. Just his presence alone would sell tickets seeing that he went to a local high school here.

I've lost my patience with KW. Either he delivers a playoff team next year or he's fired.

He can redeem himself by acquring 3 guys:

Odalis Perez : a hard-throwing LH that has the NL numbers to strongly suggest he will make it in the AL. Better than Clement. LAD offered him arbitration but don't like him enough to sign him long term. Makes you wonder about the FO of the LAD these days.

Miguel Cairo : a solid utlity player that is an overall better player than Harris right now. Todd Greene: There isn't much to go by but considering the COL are offering him arbitration you have to believe they expect better things ahead. A certain improvement over Davis & Burke.

I think the total price tag to get these 3 guys is under the 8M range. That's 8M well spent towards a playoff drive.

There is ZERO news on Odalis Perez, but that will likely change with the Clement signing.

Why didn't KW trade for either Hudson or Mulder?  Did you see the price the Braves & Cards paid to secure these guys?  All ml'ers! These are the kind of trades the CWS could have pulled off & should have pulled off.  Especially Mulder.  Just his presence alone would sell tickets seeing that he went to a local high school here.

I've lost my patience with KW.  Either he delivers a playoff team next year or he's fired.

He can redeem himself by acquring 3 guys:

Odalis Perez : a hard-throwing LH that has the NL numbers to strongly suggest he will make it in the AL.  Better than Clement.  LAD offered him arbitration but don't like him enough to sign him long term.  Makes you wonder about the FO of the LAD these days.

Miguel Cairo : a solid utlity player that is an overall better player than Harris right now.  Todd Greene:  There isn't much to go by but considering the COL are offering him arbitration you have to believe they expect better things ahead.  A certain improvement over Davis & Burke.

I think the total price tag to get these 3 guys is under the 8M range.  That's 8M well spent towards a playoff drive.

There is ZERO news on Odalis Perez, but that will likely change with the Clement signing.

the only way for kw to make a trade is to over pay. maybe billy boy felt sorry for fleecing kw before. :lol:

I believe Oakland didn't wanna deal to an AL team.

Why is that? Most of the teams that were mentioned after Hudson were NL teams, the shocker would've been an AL team jumping up, the Cards were the next best offer and were offered Mulder for the same deal. That said, IMO Baltimore has a 50/50 chance of getting Zito in the next couple of days with LA the other team.

Why is that? Most of the teams that were mentioned after Hudson were NL teams, the shocker would've been an AL team jumping up, the Cards were the next best offer and were offered Mulder for the same deal. That said, IMO Baltimore has a 50/50 chance of getting Zito in the next couple of days with LA the other team.

Because i take it they do not want to have to face him.

Phillies announced that infielder Placido Polanco accepted their offer of arbitration. GM Ed Wade isn't loving this. Polanco, who will get a raise from the $3.95 million he made last season, must have found teams less eager to sign him because they'd have to sacrifice a draft pick. The Phillies could attempt to trade him, as they've made it clear Chase Utley will be their primary second baseman. Dec. 20 - 12:34 am et

Damn does that suck.

Nationals GM Jim Bowden hasn't ruled out non-tendering one of his arbitration-eligible players in order to save money.Tony Armas Jr. and T.J. Tucker would seem to be the most vulnerable players in the group that includes Brad Wilkerson, Nick Johnson, Brian Schneider and Tomo Ohka.

In my opinion he would not be a bad person to look at.

The Nationals still hope to sign Odalis Perez, but they're afraid the Mariners have topped their offer of $18 million over three years. Once again, it seems as though the Dodgers are sitting this one out. If the Mariners sign. Perez, it's expected that Ryan Franklin will be sent to the pen or traded. Dec. 20 - 3:52 am et

Something is wrong with this. The amount is still way too low.

Why are the LAD doing this trade?  They are giving up 4 proven ML'ers, for Vazquez, 2 prospects, & cash.  That's insane.  Why don't they just trade directly with the ARD & secure RJ themselves?

The dodgers wanted to clear salary, esp Greens $16 mill. Then they can get a few other players [like JD Drew, etc], in addition to getting the prospects. It's very likely Vazquez will be traded by LA to fill other holes. They've been burned by big SP contracts and aren't likely to take on another one in Vazquez [esp as his 2nd half of 2004 was poor which could raise some red flags]

IMO, the Sox can get Vazquez for even less than the talent of CLee + Garland, more like Marte + Garland

He was hurt in 2003 and the start of 2004. He has very good stuff and was progressing well before he got hurt. A good bet to turn it around in 2005

why because he is hurt all the time? plus he his a flyball pitcher it looks like. if he comes cheap enough i would get him, but i doubt it he will be all that cheap.